lights....

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by shiflet, Jan 17, 2012.

1. shiflet

shiflet New Member

So I'm looking to get a reasonably priced light for my g20. What are your thoughts about the glock lights (GTL 10)?? Is it worth its money even though its not LED?

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Its a good light for not being led, but id save my money n go for an led, youll be happy in the long run :)

3. shiflet

shiflet New Member

So what LED lights are recommendable? Streamlight? Surefire? I've looked at some lights and the prices make me nauseous.

4. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

Check out FIREFIELD light
    It's a 200lumen for about $50
    I have it on my G17 and shot about 500rnds with it on. Still going strong.

5. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Insight WL1 AA has all the features of high-end weapon lights on a mid-range price of $150. But in the long run, the price would pay itself 'coz it uses AA batteries ($5/pair & much cheaper in bulk) compared to other lights that uses CR123 batteries ($13.98/pair). Check the link for full specs.

**Batteries being compared -- Energizer e2 Lithium @ a local grocery store..

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I have a 190 lumen NEBO Protec light on my glock. It is only about $50 as well and will light up a room with no problem! Surefires are nice, but just pricey.

7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

8. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

I'll have to check that out for a future Glock :)

9. Weapon lights are great to have bu difficult to choose. Depending on what holster system you're thinking of using. If you like Safailand then you need to use a Surefire or Streamlight. Blackhawk Serpa holsters require the use of Blakhawk's Night-Ops Xiphos light. I'd defiantly go with a LED light for brightness and longevity. I've used all 3 of these lights and own the Xiphos and Streamlight. I like the way these mount rather than the screw/threaded mount the Surefire uses, but you certainly can't beat the price of the Surefire. All my weapons lights use the CR123 batteries, that way I only have to carry 1 size for replacements. But the shelf life of the CR's is the table tipping reason. You really can't go wrong with any light as long as its bright and cuts through the darkness. However, please remember a weapons mounted light does not replace a handheld light, 1 is none and 2 is 1!!!

10. I have the Streamlight TRL2s. It rocks. Fits snug, easy to remove/install, very bright, strobe is worthy of a good seizure. Laser is well, a laser. (And when using said laser, if you really want to know how unstable your shooting hand is, watch that laser dance on a target at 25 yards.) You can use either the light, the laser, or both at the same time.

11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I have an insight M3 and a couple TLR-1s, a couple guys I work with have the glock lights. I light the tlr-1 led the best, most bang for the bucks in my book

12. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Yeah I keep checking the mail every afternoon. I cracked and bought a trl-1s. Hopefully it gets here soon

13. bhale187

Good pick, you won't be disappointed

14. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Did you have any issues finding a holster that would fit it?

15. bhale187

Safariland makes a good duty holster, 6280 I think

Safariland also makes a kydex for it, forgot the model

I just found out the other day that bladetech also makes a holster for glocks with the tlr, I've not seen it yet, but I love the bladetech I have for my HK USP

16. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Sweet thanks for the info ill have to check them out for sure

17. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

The Glock light is ok. However, Glock is better at making handguns than tac-lights. So go ahead and save your cash for a Surefire or Streamlight, not to mention they are LED.

18. the_mule

the_mule New Member

Get the Streamlight TLR-3. Inexpensive bright LED. No strobe, no laser, just a bright light. Everything you need, nothing you don't, from a brand you can trust. It fits Glock perfectly and is easy to operate. I love mine. Battery life is excellent because it's an LED.

image-3667319732.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  19. g21redman

g21redman just wants to watch the world burn.

I run surefire all the way X300. 170 lumens but its about $260. X400 has laser

20. the_mule

the_mule New Member

OP said "reasonably priced". Streamlight TLR-3 is $75. $260 > $75. No brainer.