Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still relatively new to my 19. I got it for personal and home defense. I was wondering what you all think about lights or lasers for home defense uses. What do you all prefer if anything. If I were to get one I would want it to be easily removed for carry purposes. Thanks guys. Just wanna see what you all think.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Myself I like the Crimson Trace Light Guard along with Night Sights.
There is nothing wrong with a Laser Sight, I just do not care for them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I use Streamlight TLR1, works great and.has good reviews.. If u want laser and light built in together, checkout the TLR2.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I don't necessarily want a laser light combo. What do you all think is better for home defense, just a light? Or best to go with combo. Also how tough are these you mentioned to get on and off of the gun

·
Registered
304 Posts
TLR1... I think a light is far more important than a laser, and more useful in many situations. The TLR1 can be removed/installed in seconds. I have one I use on my 19. They are extremely bright white light, over two hours run time, and if you look around (amazon) they can be purchased for less than $100. I think I got mine for around $85. I used to sell Streamlight products so can also state they ate high quality and the company is great about warranty issues should one arise.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Love my crimson trace light guard

Air gun Trigger Finger Gun barrel Shotgun

Installed on my 17

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bumper Trigger

And you can keep it on when carrying

Attachments

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
TLR-1 goes on and off easily. It depends how tight you lock down the thumb screw. If you run a light it negates the need for night sights, you'll have a great sight picture with a light on target. I have lasers on a couple of guns and think they are cool and have certain advantages but are not a necessity. There are cheaper weapon lights out there but you don't get the great customer service and durability of the Streamlight TLR series.

When I checked out the CrimsonTrace lightguard it didn't seem as if it could be quick on and off. Don't you need a custom holster for the CrimsonTrace? I see Glocknloaded has the Fobus tactical.

·
likes cookies
73 Posts
I bought a 19 for the same purposes. Figured I'd pick up a light later and have it on my pistol while it's beside my bed, you know? Ended up grabbing a S&W micro 90 off woot. It's not super-spamtastic-awesome but it's bright enough for my needs.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to look into these and decide if I need one or not. Hopefully I can get my hands on one before buying

·
109 Posts
I would recommend the Streamlight TLR series also. I have a TLR-2s for my G23 Gen4 and it's bright as hell. You can easily see over 30 feet in pitch black conditions. The only downside for me is finding a holster that'll fit it. I'm trying to find a thigh/tactical holster that won't rub or scratch it. I'll settle for a OWB holster if I have to though.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Safariland makes one of the best tactical holsters and they have the clip on system that let's you switch out between duty and tactical platforms.

Wood Tints and shades Bumper Machine Font

Attachments

·
109 Posts
Danzig said:
Safariland makes one of the best tactical holsters and they have the clip on system that let's you switch out between duty and tactical platforms.
Thanks Danzig, I have looked at their website. But I couldn't find one that will allow me to wear it with the TLR-2s light. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
205 Posts
AsianKracker said:
Thanks Danzig, I have looked at their website. But I couldn't find one that will allow me to wear it with the TLR-2s light. Any suggestions?
Raven concealment

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Email or call them but I'm pretty sure the models that fit with the Streamlight/Insight M6 also fit the TLR-2. Streamlight designed the TLR series to be the same size as the M-3/M-6 series of weapon lights. Here are pics of my holster. I use it with the TLR-1s. I'm patiently waiting for a deal on a TLR-2.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Grille

Model # 6004-38321 for Glock 20/21 with IT M-6

Attachments

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
ace43809 said:
I am still relatively new to my 19. I got it for personal and home defense. I was wondering what you all think about lights or lasers for home defense uses. What do you all prefer if anything. If I were to get one I would want it to be easily removed for carry purposes. Thanks guys. Just wanna see what you all think.
Light, no laser

·
109 Posts
Thanks okdonk. I'll take a look at Raven concealment.

Danzig said:
Email or call them but I'm pretty sure the models that fit with the Streamlight/Insight M6 also fit the TLR-2. Streamlight designed the TLR series to be the same size as the M-3/M-6 series of weapon lights. Here are pics of my holster. I use it with the TLR-1s. I'm patiently waiting for a deal on a TLR-2.

Model # 6004-38321 for Glock 20/21 with IT M-6
Thanks again Danzig. This helps a lot. Have you tried www.opticsplanet.com? That's where I got my TLR-2s for about $245.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
I'm too cheap. Waiting for a used one on Craigslist or private seller. BTW try Craigslist for that holster. Ive bought and sold holsters and other gear on there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.