Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An FYI for you guys thinking about changing to the Wolff 4# striker spring. If may produce light hits with the stock striker. When I got my 34 I put that spring in along with some other stuff and had the occasional ftf, thought it was high primers in my reloads, the problem got worse and i had what was essentially a 3 shot Glock. 3 shots, ftf, 3 shots ftf... Did a little research and this seems to be a hit and miss problem, some guys have the problem, some don't'. There are 3 solutions, for now only 1 for me, Solution 1, Federal SPP primers, not a option for me since i have 6000 Winchester primers to use up. Option 2, Light weight striker, $80-$90, too rich for my blood right now, maybe after my over time gets reinstated at work, option 3, put the original spring back in, which is what i did, made the trigger pull a bit heavier, but I did some Bill Drills (6 shots in the A zone of a ISPC target from 7 yards) in under 2.5 seconds and had no FTF's.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Not trying to be a smartalec or anything, but have you checked the firing pin channel where the pin protrudes out the bolt face? Sometimes an accumulation of crud and/or lubricant residues + crud can cause the FP to weaken it's impact force on the primer. Be a shame to loose those WSP primers.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not trying to be a smartalec or anything, but have you checked the firing pin channel where the pin protrudes out the bolt face? Sometimes an accumulation of crud and/or lubricant residues + crud can cause the FP to weaken it's impact force on the primer. Be a shame to loose those WSP primers.
it was fairly clean. the stock spring fixed the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts