Level up or just widening my horizons with another Glock? I think; level up...

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by AK-Gunner, Feb 5, 2020.

1. AK-Gunner

AK-Gunner Member

Finland
    Hello gents and ladies, got my first Glock about twenty years ago, a G22 Gen2 as a third pistol after a CZ-85 and a Colt Combat elite. After a while I upgraded it with Gen 3 frame and kept on shooting. But never really felt like it's the pistol for me. Got a Para P14-45, a couple of S&W revolvers for work and fun, still shoot them all, but still I felt like I'm looking for the pistol.

Now I think I finally found the pistol: Glock 19 Pro Gen 3.

[​IMG]

Model 19 Pro is a special version for Finland to meet our local laws i.e. to make the gun big enough to be considered a "pistol", not a "pocket pistol" for which one can't get a permit unless it's for a collection or for work. For this, it's got a threaded barrel for a suppressor and taller Glock Tritium sights to make the pistol large enough to not to fit inside 180 x 130 mm box. We all got our more or less peculiar gun laws all over the world, a rifle or a shotgun is OK here if it has 300 mm (a bit under 12") barrel and is at least double that length, but a sub compact pistol is too dangerous to get a permit for... Figure that out, I can't.

The pistol is made in 2015, previous owner was Saimaa Still Oy, a local suppressor manufacturing company and according to their logs, they shot just a total of 500 rounds with the pistol while testing their products. They did all their heavy duty testing with full auto MP5s, so this gun didn't see much action.

This G19 is one sweet shooter, factory polished trigger action with a crisp clean break, it fits my number 11 paw perfectly and is almost too easy to control to be taken seriously as a defensive firearm.

I think this the one.

2. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

Looks good from my house. :)

LElliott likes this.

3. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Great choice

LElliott likes this.
  4. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Great choice!

LElliott likes this.
  5. MWJOHNSON

MWJOHNSON Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member Supporter

SE Texas
    Yes, great choice!!

LElliott likes this.
  6. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Good choice congratulations

LElliott likes this.
  7. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Great choice. Congratulations!

LElliott likes this.
  8. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Great choice and nice looking pistol.

LElliott likes this.
  9. Steelie68

Steelie68 Active Member

Love to hear stories like this! How does the Finnish Govt view individuals owning firearms. Sounds like you are kind of limited. Congrats and welcome aboard! Nothing against Finland at all , but God Bless the 2nd Ammendment and USA!

LElliott and AK-Gunner like this.
  10. AK-Gunner

AK-Gunner Member

Finland
    We are a nation of 5.6 million people with 1.5 million privately owned guns, so being limited is in the details, like an individual can't really get a license for a gun for self defense. Practically all such permits are work related. But then again, defend against what? Two years ago the Finnish police force took total of five shots when confronting perps. Three of them during one incident.

It's a bit different here compared to say Soviet Russia or even Sweden :)

My friends from the USA who visit here, ex- special operations guys, ex SWAT, ex whatnot three letter acronym dudes, you know the type, are quite happy to come visit a place where you don't have to carry a gun. It's one way to look at the situation.

Danzig likes this.
  11. Steelie68

Steelie68 Active Member

That does sound like a pretty safe place. So only the government owns guns in your country? If that's so, then they have the power and you are at their mercy. In this country, the people have the power. I'm very glad you live in such a safe country.

LElliott likes this.
  12. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Not only the government. He said 1.5 million privately owned guns. Not too bad.

AK-Gunner and LElliott like this.
  13. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I always wanted a Glock Mariner series, but not available in the USA.

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

14. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

15. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

16. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Think it has more then maritime cups, but maybe.

Southlake and LElliott like this.
  17. AK-Gunner

AK-Gunner Member

Finland
    Exactly. In the USA you have the 2nd amendment for a reason. You need it to keep your society in balance and functional and I hope you will never give it up. 14 percent of our whole population has got one or more privately owned gun in a country where you basically get the permit only for sports and hunting. That's quite a lot in an industrialized European country. There are no limitations on how many guns you get a permit for as long as you have an acceptable basis for the purchase. For example by combining my guns and spare parts I've got over 30 fully functional firearms, of which there's quite a lot of self loading rifles from FAL, AK, AR and full auto M16 families. I'm not a collector, I just like to prep a bit for the moment the members of my family and a select few others with their families have to leave their urban homes and come to find sanctuary from my rural ranch. And of course, I do like guns... a lot.

It's a bit hard for our Govt to become a dictatorship, since we the people are the Finnish Defense Forces: only a small core of the FDF is professional soldiers (total of 12.000 civilian workers and soldiers of which about 3.500 are assigned to actual combat duties on ships, combat airplanes etc.), the rest of 280.000 strong first line defense are reservists (me one of them, an old REMF captain in the Army, a bleak destiny to an old F.A.G. but at least I still got a mission) plus a secondary reserve of 900.000 men and women. We still have the mandatory military service for men which is the backbone of our society, plus voluntary service for women: by the law every Finnish citizen is liable to military service who can be and will be called to active duty when ever necessary.

Depending on the assigned mission our reserve forces have monthly to annual refresher training, plus the voluntary training system (i.e. militia) is very popular and we have our own military three gun sports which is supported by the armed forces keeping us both in arms and fit to fight.

We have fought bloody wars for our freedom and will fight again when necessary.

So the monopoly of violence is in the end in the hands of us, the people. Also because of the fact that almost every second home in Finland has got guns there are no violent break-ins: since self defense is not illegal here you can defend your home with the force necessary to stop the threat, even lethal force.

18. MWJOHNSON

MWJOHNSON Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member Supporter

SE Texas
    I agree with everything you said.

IMO the G19 Gen 3 is one of the finest and not the finest pistol ever produced, by Glock or any manufacturer. I owned one once but like a dumb a$$ I traded it away for a 1960ish era Browning Nomad .22 lr. wish I had that 19 back. Although I did build a G19 Gen 3 P80 & it's just about as sweet.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Lucian_253 and AK-Gunner like this.