Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get the the Deltapoint Micro for my Glock 45 Gen 5. If you have one please post pictures and tell your thoughts on it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
I am looking to get the the Deltapoint Micro for my Glock 45 Gen 5. If you have one please post pictures and tell your thoughts on it.

Thanks
View attachment 252799
I don't have a DeltaPoint Pro so I can't advise one way or the other, but I subbed to this thread because I'm interested in what responses you may get. I know the Leupold DPP is highly rated. A huge plus is the steel shroud that comes with it, protecting the polymer body & lens. The dot size is only 2.5 MOA, though. There are some among us here that find that problematic for fast dot acquisition. I'm currently shopping for my next RDS, and I'm strongly considering an RMR with 6.5 MOA dot size. Haven't made my purchase though, so there's always the RMR with 3.25 MOA dot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am asking about the Deltapoint Micro. It will mount on a standard slide and does not need a MOS slide.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
The Delta Point Pro with the 2.5 MOA appears to be as large as a 6 MOA on full brightness. I've shot my kids setup many times. However, he recently switched to the RMR 6.5 MOA on a G19 for carry, and I have shot that in USPSA matches. Liked that more than I thought because, even with a small window, the dot sits in the bottom 1/3 view.

Handled, not shot, a micro. All I can is it "sucks" The tube is way, way, way too small and there is little field of view. You want a big window.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
The Micro dot has to be removed in order to clean the firing pin channel, safety plunger and extractor. Then it will have to be re-zero'd. Whole thing sounds dumb.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Micro dot has to be removed in order to clean the firing pin channel, safety plunger and extractor. Then it will have to be re-zero'd. Whole thing sounds dumb.
my thoughts also but I was hoping to get comments from someone who has one

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I see all kinds of dots in USPSA competition every week. Have not seen anyone running a Micro yet, not shot one yet, but it looks like looking thru a straw with that small tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts