Glock Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier in the week I got back from the range and put over a hundred rounds in the 43, 48 and shield. It was close between the shield and the 48, but with the Shield Arms magazines coming out next month I decided on the 48.

The Shield I was using had a really nice trigger. It was night and day from the stock 48. Now the gentleman said it was an Apex trigger with a 3.5# connector, but he couldn't recall if it was a double diamond or ghost or something else. I started doing some research and also found that there's also a very expensive, but maybe worthwhile pyramid complete option. Do you have a recommendation for a trigger upgrade between 3.5 and 4 lb?

· Super Moderator
79,036 Posts
I have the Agency Arms trigger with the 3.5lb Ghost connector in my G43 and love it. It is one sweet feeling trigger.

Sky Water Wood Eyewear Cloud

· Super Moderator
58,817 Posts
Earlier in the week I got back from the range and put over a hundred rounds in the 43, 48 and shield. It was close between the shield and the 48, but with the Shield Arms magazines coming out next month I decided on the 48.

The Shield I was using had a really nice trigger. It was night and day from the stock 48. Now the gentleman said it was an Apex trigger with a 3.5# connector, but he couldn't recall if it was a double diamond or ghost or something else. I started doing some research and also found that there's also a very expensive, but maybe worthwhile pyramid complete option. Do you have a recommendation for a trigger upgrade between 3.5 and 4 lb?
No, If this is your carry gun then do not mess with the trigger. Period, end of conversation.

· Banned
252 Posts
I prefer Apex triggers.

I've used Overwatch Precision, Zev, Agency and even Johnny Glock triggers. I have an Appex trigger group in two of my Glocks, leaving the 26 stock, and I have the Johnny Glock in my 34 MOS. For me, the Apex feels the best. My .02.

I do not agree that replacing the trigger group is not wise, particularly if you are using simply something like the Apex that uses all Glock parts anyway, but I do advise against swapping out all the springs if you want to assure reliability with your Glocks, particularly if they are being used as defensive handguns.

But having said that, I have kept my carry Glock completely stock, only replacing the sights with Trijicons. I'm convinced the plastic sights on Glocks are installed by the factory to protect the cut outs until you install good sights. :)

My .02

· Super Moderator
79,036 Posts
I agree with Jim that if you are asking for your carry gun, I would also recommend not messing with the trigger. Of all my Glocks I only have two that have upgraded triggers. And these are play guns not for carry.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is my carry, so all this info is heard and appreciated. I have sent emails to the CC trainers I see regularly. I know some of them have trigger mods, and others do not on their EDC. There are definitely some strong opinions here. What are some thoughts on the $0.25 job, AKA polishing?

P.S. I do practice the quarter on the front sight dry fire practice every day, so that will help the break in.

· Banned
252 Posts
Have put thousands of rounds through Glocks with Apex triggers, never an issue or problem. I shoot better with a flat trigger, to each his own. I prefer it to the Glock stock trigger shoe, etc. And I've put thousands of rounds through Glock stock triggers, they do smooth out, to be sure.

Again, I do not mess with the springs, have had too many issues, but then again, if you enjoy taking your Glock to the edge to its point of failure "just because" tinkering around with the springs is a great hobby for some. :)

· Super Moderator
58,817 Posts
It is my carry, so all this info is heard and appreciated. I have sent emails to the CC trainers I see regularly. I know some of them have trigger mods, and others do not on their EDC. There are definitely some strong opinions here. What are some thoughts on the $0.25 job, AKA polishing?

P.S. I do practice the quarter on the front sight dry fire practice every day, so that will help the break in.
The .25 trigger polishing smooths out the components the same way rounds fired do.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts

· Registered
2,444 Posts
No, If this is your carry gun then do not mess with the trigger. Period, end of conversation.
Exactly! Stock Glock triggers all the way with my EDCs. Put 2,000 rounds + through them and they're smooth as butter on both a mine. Just breakin the gun in by then anyway. Juries are not well informed or educated and anti gun biased already as well. I paid enough for stock Glock perfection to mess around with 'proven'. There is an inherent problem with the 'instant gratification generation' after all and these aftermarket curealls are their legal prey. Spend your money on ammo and practice instead, You'll be rewarded and have more confidence instead.

· Registered
226 Posts
The only thing trigger related that I have changed is the trigger shoe. Kineti-tek trigger shoe on the 43 and the 48. Couldn't stand that pointy trigger shoe that came on it.

And yes they are both carry guns.

I did a lot of research before I changed out my 43 trigger shoe.
I even asked a local glock armorer what he thought and had him check out my trigger after I was done. As far as we both could tell the safeties still work properly.

I liked it enough that when I got my 48 I went straight home and ordered another one.

Other than night sites on the 43 they are both bone stock other than the actual shoe.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
The only thing trigger related that I have changed is the trigger shoe. Kineti-tek trigger shoe on the 43 and the 48.
As may be noted here...

Aftermarket Triggers... ‘Upgrades & Gotchas’, Part 1
https://www.glockforum.com/threads/bobs-corner-how-glocks-work.53851/page-2#post-1429399

... I've personally evaluated the Kineti-Tech trigger shoe.

While I do indeed advocate stock pistols for carry and duty firearms, if I take off my lawyer hat, in my opinion, the Kineti-Tech trigger shoe is technically acceptable for such applications.

Best regards,

Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.