Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM gonna keep this short and sweet guys,
I know laws very from state to state but I have a issue that I need to clear up with someone!
Is it possible for someone to still obtain a carrying permit with being charged for illegally taking of a whitetail deer with a bow? Several years ago??

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Like you said, laws vary state to state, We have no idea where you are.

A felony usually puts you out of the running, as does domestic violence, dui, restraining orders, etc. You might try checking locally with CCW trainers.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Whomever the issuing authority is for CCW where your at should be able to give you a yes, or no if you ask them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I was thinking that it really shouldn't if it's 1 offense. Almost positive it's not a felony. Have u ever heard of someone getting one with a DUI ??

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Once again, all states are different. Here in Nevada a recent dui will prohibit you from a ccw, it has to be like 7 years back or so, I forget the exact amount of time that they say has to have passed. Usually the do's & don'ts are published, and you can get a copy to review it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, it's 5 here in TN. Its Saturday and nobody want to work past noon here in the south. Lol. Well thanks. "Glocker 4 life"

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
When compliance with the law is the question, there is no substitute for knowing the exact laws in your particular jurisdiction.

While a "waddaya-guys-think" question may seem innocent enough, you will never know (until it is too late) if the information you are/were given is accurate.

Perhaps visiting the website of the SO in your area may provide some clues. Look for links to CCW/CHL application rules and process on your local Sheriff's Office website or DPS or Highway Patrol websites. If nothing else, you would at least get a phone number you can call to ask during business hours.

To do any less may actually do you harm.

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts