Less lethal options

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BLCKWLF, Mar 6, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Do you carry less-lethal options when you carry a gun, or in places that you may not carry your gun? If so, what and why? And if not, why?

2. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Yeah, I carry a taser. I have used the Kimber JPX and OC as well. I am a big fan of the pepperball system too. Depends on the situation how effective they are. I have never used the flexible baton rounds but I would be willing to try it on someone. :)

3. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

When I travel out of the country or to a U.S. territory I always carry a tactical pen and my knife (if the laws permit which they usually don't, Amsterdam, Puerto Rico). I also added this recently (2nd and 3rd pic). The ring was another x-mas gift to my self, custom made sz 13 also fits on my pointer too. Wore it out a few times and people had no clue.

Attached Files:

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Like TASER or StunGun? People confuse the two a lot.

I carry tear gas, as laws permit, and a knife, as laws permit. When laws don't permit, I carry a mini maglite, just as good as any kubaton. I also own a 26in asp baton that I carry on duty, sometimes I'll carry it off duty as well. I always carry a non lethal alternative while carrying my gun.

5. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I carry an X26 on my duty belt.

6. shiflet

shiflet New Member

What is the ring for I don't understand?

7. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

At work I carry less-lethal options. When I'm not at work sometimes I'll have an ASP on me, but usually it's just a gun. I got a taser certification, so as soon as I get around to buying a taser I'll more than likely carry that.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  8. GlockIt

For striking someone in the face as a last resort means of self-defense.

9. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Interesting I never thought of a ring doing much. But then again I've never been punched in the face by someone wearing one.

10. GlockIt

Yup, not a lot of people do think of a ring of being a self-defense tool. It's always good to have on me when I go to NYC or Vegas and when I travel abroad, not to mention it looks pretty stylish with a dress shirt.

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I have a custom ring made by Jostens, the guys who make the Super Bowl rings. It has dual emeralds surrounded by twelve diamonds. Made some people bleed with it before, on accident, needless to say I don't bro-fist much anymore.

12. IndyProstreet

IndyProstreet New Member

I don't carry a Tazer. But always have my Spyderco knife in one form or another. Depending on the location there is usually a small flashlight LED as well.

13. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

NJ?
    1/4 oz. max of pepper spray. No tasers or stun guns. No ASP batons, either.

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

In AZ we have no limits...

15. DXPorker

DXPorker New Member

I carry these less than lethal options.

Attached Files:

16. tressa_wi

tressa_wi New Member

What are those and what do they do?

17. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

I am never without my pocket knife; if it's permitted, that is. I even take my knife with me when I go on runs. It would suck to be attacked by someone while you are out of breath and can't fight as well as you should be able to because you've been running for 30 minutes already and they are fresh (or multiple).

I do NOT like to be without my pocket knife. To me, it's an eerie feeling to have to leave my pocket knife in my truck at the airport. Not because I'm scared but because it is a tool that I usually need every day for one thing or another. I do place one in my checked luggage so I have it right away when I land.

18. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Same here. It's a rule to live by, always have a knife. Survival, defense, tool, whatever the reason, a knife is essential.

19. Any person who carries also needs a knife and solid martial arts.

20. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I carry a pocket knife, and a small baton for pressure points and joint manipulation.