Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw another thread about "What knife do you carry?" and I got to thinking about if you couldn't use or of you didn't have your CC weapon, and you were able to use a knife instead, are there laws that would cause issues for this? I'm not saying to get into an all-out knife fight like you would see in the movies, but if that was all you could do at the time.. Would Castle Doctrine or SYG help protect you here?

·
Registered
165 Posts
RISK of a blood borne disease is better than RISK of loss of life or limb is it not. That's what you have to weigh in a self defense situation everytime. No matter what tool you employ. Firearm, knife, ballpoint pen, coffee mug, salt shaker. Doesn't matter.

I worried about this once when I was carrying my Cold Steel Steel tiger karambit. It's definitely an issue to consider.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Using a knife for defense is lethal force, and is bound by the same lethal force rules as firearms... Only difference is the close quarters combat training you need to have in order to use a knife effectively, personally I think it's too messy, but it's always a last ditch option.

·
Registered
165 Posts
@lockpicker Props to you man. You are probably the first person I've seen on this forum that has not gotten butt-hurt immediately after someone did not agree with them.

Good job buddy, I have loads of respect for you for that. So many people on here are so daggum emotional, it's as if you disagree with anyone and their panties end up all in a wad. This applies to forum members throughout the hierarchal structure.

Attachments

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I'm butt hurt I don't get a thumby uppy guy!

lol

Anywho, the knife for me is more for other knifey reasons than self defense. Things like cutting rope, boxes, making make shift bandages, striking my flint stick, etc...

Given that, I do carry another knife around my neck if for some reason I DO need it to stabby stab.

·
Registered
467 Posts
In Florida, if you carry a knife concealed, you had better have a CCW. You can have a pocketknife, but the legislators have not defined legal pocketknife from illegal pocketknife. If a LEO decides your buck knife is too big, you can be arrested. Clear as mud.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
ARS 13-3102

A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:
1. Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation:
(a) In the furtherance of a serious offense as defined in section 13-706, a violent crime as defined in section 13-901.03 or any other felony offense; or
(b) When contacted by a law enforcement officer and failing to accurately answer the officer if the officer asks whether the person is carrying a concealed deadly weapon; or
2. Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or concealed within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation if the person is under twenty-one years of age;

Pocket knife has yet to be defined… does it have to be a folding knife? could it simply be a knife that fits in your pocket? Neck knife? Size limits? none of these are mentioned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts