Glock Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
fls348 said:
Yup, I couldn't agree more. We tend to find unique ways of adapting in a righty world.

I write left
I shoot pistols left
I golf right
I hit a baseball right or left
I shoot rifles left
I shoot by bow right

Tell me I'm not ass backwards most of the time........
I write left
Shoot all firearms left
Kick left footed
Throw right handed
Play golf right

Just as backwards I guess

· Registered
177 Posts
Add me to weird lefty bunch. Golf and bat righty, scissors right, surf and skateboard righty, arrow right, and to make matters worse - I'm right eye dominant! D'oh! Way too awkward for me to scoot the gun further right to accommodate the dominant eye so I've evolved to be a winker. Everything else is lefty.

· Beak 'em Hawks!
74 Posts
Slide Stop Levers require fine motor skills. When the SHTF your fine motor skills go out the window. With adrenaline pumping you try to use that Slide Stop Lever to release the slide. It won't happen. Also, repetitive motion there will wear away at the slide where the Slid Stop Lever needs to connect. When that wearing takes place you'll need a new slide.
You make all kinda sense, Argyle. Now I need to get out of that habit. If I can quit smoking, I should be able to do that.

Besides, a friend of mine who is an accomplished shooter, shoots competively, releases the slide as you say. so...

Speaking of lefties, I used to be, then I became somewhat disabled and lost most of the use of my left arm and hand. Now it seems natural to use my right. It has reduced use as well, but not as bad as the left.

All ya'all...keep on shootin'. It's about all I got left anymore. Had to give up motorcycles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.