Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
There is no such thing as a "slide release" on a Glock. There's a Slide Stop Lever. You should never use the Slide Stop Lever as a "slide release". Really bad habit. Bad for you and bad for the gun. I'm a southpaw as well and I love the Extended Slide Stop Lever to help me when I need to lock the slide to the rear with my index finger.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Slide Stop Levers require fine motor skills. When the SHTF your fine motor skills go out the window. With adrenaline pumping you try to use that Slide Stop Lever to release the slide. It won't happen. Also, repetitive motion there will wear away at the slide where the Slid Stop Lever needs to connect. When that wearing takes place you'll need a new slide.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Argyle, did you get the extended slide stop because you are a southpaw and it helped a lot? I see some guys on YouTube that have the original stop. Thanks for the help.
The Extended Slide Stop helps me as a southpaw for more contact area and a more secure feeling when locking the slide to the rear. It definitely helps when using my index finger.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I'm a lefty shooter and I have trouble using the slide release. The state agency I work for trains us on the g22. During our training, the instructors made it a habit for us to release the slide by pulling the slide back. To help with muscle memory and stressful situations.
This is the proper way to drop the slide into battery. You can either "sling shot" it or go "over the top". The "sling shot" method is the fastest way to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.