Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm a lefty, I actually lightly sand off the sharp edges of the stock mag release and it works perfectly for me. The extended slide release on the other hand is a must have!

·
Registered
277 Posts
There is no such thing as a "slide release" on a Glock. There's a Slide Stop Lever. You should never use the Slide Stop Lever as a "slide release". Really bad habit. Bad for you and bad for the gun. I'm a southpaw as well and I love the Extended Slide Stop Lever to help me when I need to lock the slide to the rear with my index finger.
Technically you are correct; That being said I have a 1994 G19 that has upwards around 20,000 rds or better on it that 75% or better of the time I drop the slide with the slide stop. I've yet to have a problem and have yet to break anything.

Yes they tell us that during an armory class but I think it more of a 'legality issue' more so than anything. 20,000 rounds and around 12,000 to 15,000 slide drops with the slide stop and it's still to this day my off duty carry.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I saw a video where someone had sanded down the mag release on the Gen 3. I thought it looked fine and it's good to know. Since seeing that and reading your post, I wouldn't be afraid to purchase one in the future. The way the mag release comes stock on the Gen3, wore my finger out though! Even though I have the option of reversing it on the Gen4 and on my Beretta, I still like it on the left side. Seems more natural for me to press it with my trigger finger than my thumb. I don't know about you but, being a west-paw, I have all kinds of quirky little ways like that.
Yup, I couldn't agree more. We tend to find unique ways of adapting in a righty world.

I write left
I shoot pistols left
I golf right
I hit a baseball right or left
I shoot rifles left
I shoot by bow right

Tell me I'm not ass backwards most of the time........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.