left handed shooters

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 10mil, May 16, 2012.

1. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    dose glocks have a left thumb mag release? me and my brother was having a debate on recovery time on his gl 21 and my gl20 (one handed btw lol) so we shot three mags consecutively at 20yrds to see which had the best but we couldn't really determine a winner do to both of us shot with almost same accuracy but he was able to change his faster with his thumb right there and me having to pull my thumb over the back side of the gun o hit the button then use right hand to load new mag i still had like half a mag win he finished firing.....and had to let him claim the win but i would like a reach if they have a left thumb release.

2. You can switch the mag release lever to the other side, instructions are in your Glock instruction manual, or on YouTube. Don't know if someone sells an accessory to make a Glock have a magazine release on both sides of the grip at the same time, maybe someone else on the forum knows.

3. 10mil

GA
    really i didn't see that in my manual but its been a year since i read it lol i believe its still in my glocks box thanks for the info

4. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

You only have the option to switch sides on GEN4s

5. 10mil

GA
    well that's why mine is a 3rd gen....well dang I've been dining to get off work and try it for nothing lol

6. 10mil

GA
    do they have 4 gen gl20 the guy at the gun shop i got mine from told me all he could order was gl20 3gen sf so i went ahead and did it since only obey other shop in my town carried 10mm &it wasn't gl Lol

7. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

I'm a lefty but with an older Gen 2 G19 and use my middle finger on strong hand to activate magazine release. Not sure if that's "the best" method but works for me. Would like to know how other lefties execute that move.

8. 10mil

GA
    yeah that works for me but we was one hand speed shooting. do Idk what i can do guess ill have to wait for the 4gen

9. 10mil

GA
    tbh i don't believe I've ever met another left hand shooter my brother and sis are left hand but they shoot right it just never felt right so i kinda just adapted to doing everything different from the rightys

10. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I'm a lefty :) I shoot with either hand. But I would say my left is my strong side!

11. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Being left handed sucks. No lie. I wish Glock would make a fully ambidextrous model.

12. 10mil

GA
    yea that would be nice but i love glock lol i don't even shoot my other guns no anytime Im off it me and me glock :)

13. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I'm left handed and I've always used my left middle finger to drop my magazines. Even with a Gen4 mag release it's muscle memory and training for me to always use my left middle finger to drop the mag. It's actually a good technique if you ask me. It keeps your trigger finger off the trigger while doing a reload and naturally twists your hand to angle the pistol for your reload. Try it a few times and see if you like it. You can even use your left index finger if the middle is too uncomfortable.

A southpaw's motto: Adapt, train, dominate.

14. leoboxn

leoboxn New Member

Isn't the gen 4 glock ambidextrous??? Idk I'll google it...

15. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

It is, but I mean with the slide stop lever also.

16. 10mil

GA
    they don't have a g20sf in 4gen yet.....i looked all day yesterday

17. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

They will never make a Gen4 SF. The Gen4 IS already an SF.

18. 10mil

GA
    well they should make a g20 4gen Hahaha

19. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Won't the upper from a Gen 3 20 fit the lower of a Gen 4 21?

20. 10mil

GA
    hmm Idk i can try it on my brothers the