Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just had a broad question about using your left arm to stabilize when shooting (or right arm if you are lefty). At the range I noticed I was shooting low and to the left w/ my g19g4. Regular target ammo. I noticed that when I used my left arm to push outward more I shot in a closer group more in the center. What techniques do you guys use concerning your weak arm?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm right-handed. My left hand is always over the right hand on the gun. I rarely, if ever, shoot one-handed. That said, be sure to place your hand over the other one, not underneath. Putting your hand att he bottom of the grip creates a pivot point that allows the gun to rock back.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Just use an isosceles stance and lock both arms out in front of you. Simple as that.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Shooting left might be trigger finger placement. Make sure that your finger is in the right place on the trigger. Shooting low might also be recoil anticipation. Dry fire practice will tell you if it is. Rack the slide, place a piece of spent brass on the top of the gun near the front sight, and then pull the trigger, if the brass moves or falls that will tell you if its an aiming issue or if you are pushing the gun one way or the other.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It should be locked out as well. Gives you a more stable grip, and stance. I notice that when my groups start moving left and down, it is because my left arm breaks lockout. Just my,.02.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Here is a Video Nate posted that seems to be good!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XbDaUaJgo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Give it a try and see how you like it!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. Having my left thumb lay straight across the top of the gun helps a lot. Practice makes perfect right.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Most of us on here are fans of Hickok 45 so here is his grip video
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22msLVCtPk8&feature=BFa&list=ULA1Cf0WEeXZk[/ame]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts