Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
cpbanker said:
Looking for a leather shoulder holster for my 27. Dont want to spend a fortune since I am not sure I will like it.
I know you do t wanna spend allot but the Glaco Miami classic is where it's at . The cheap nylon ones you can buy do not dispurse the weight evenly and make them uncomfortable .but the Glaco distributes the weight evenly on both sides Ann's it's a dream to wear and it will last litteraly a lifetime .. Justin

·
Registered
45 Posts
cpbanker said:
Ideally looking to find a used one. I had heard the galcos were great but I have a whole box of great holsters. So wanting to find used and save $$
Yea youl find one just keep looking around man
.. I Cary a 27 for ccw to I love it im using the
Glaco summer comfort and it works awsome bit stay safe man ..juatin

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You might want to look for one at a gun shop and see if they'll let you try it on. If not, look for a nylon one to try out. Shoulder holsters are second to ankle holsters in the worst carry methods from a tactical standpoint, and I only put them second because you can remain standing.

Unless you're sitting a lot, like driving for a living, they're really not practical. They require an awkward draw stroke that does not facilitate getting on target as carrying on the hip does. You are constantly pointing your gun at other people unless you get a vertical, which I haven't seen for a Glock and I'm not sure if anyone even makes them anymore. You do the same when drawing; everyone from behind you to in front of you on your left side gets your gun pointed at them. Hopefully you don't have your finger on the trigger through all of that and accidentally shoot someone. Then you do it again when reholstering, which is also awkward.

Depending on your build, it may be difficult to draw from or conceal. If a bad guy ever gets the drop on you, or you're in a place that's getting robbed, there is no discrete way to draw from a shoulder holster; with it on your hip, you can reach for it just like you would reaching for a wallet.

Despite their popularity on TV and in movies, they're really not a great option. That's why there are so few options and why used ones can be really hard to find.

·
Premium Member
13,908 Posts
I use a Galco rig for some of my Glocks. It is the SSH rig which is wider over the shoulders, so no tie downs are needed. I can post a picture when I get home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts