Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a pocket pistol as a backup for my G23, so I bought a Diamondback DB9. After dealing with numerous FTF and FTE, I've had enough! Nothing but Glock for me from here out. Time to buy a G26 gen4 !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just thinking about the price of ammo. Plus I was hoping to get my wife more comfortable shooting. She thinks my 23 is a little snappy.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I wanted a pocket pistol as a backup for my G23, so I bought a Diamondback DB9. After dealing with numerous FTF and FTE, I've had enough! Nothing but Glock for me from here out. Time to buy a G26 gen4 !
Don't discount revolvers just because you bought a bad one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another option would be to buy a G27 and then buy a 9mm conversion barrel for my G23 to practice with.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Yea, the wiffy will like it too. Then join GSSF and win more guns. The wife out shoots me from time to time with her 26 against my 23. She hardly ever shoots her 19 in competition anymore.

Heading out to the reange tomorrow to warm up a new 34 she just won in GSSF....

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I had a Taurus that I sold to buy my Glock. Best move I ever made.

·
Banned
202 Posts
I certainly won't try to dissuede you from buying another Glock but there are a lot of good guns out there. Of course, it's a great idea to ditch a gun that is having malfunctions but you can find a nice "pocket" sized gun that will function flawlessly. I have a Kahr that is just that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KeenansGarage said:
I had a Taurus that I sold to buy my Glock. Best move I ever made.
Yeah, I bought a Taurus 24/7 first and had several problems with it too. Since then I bought a G23 and a G20 and I haven't had a single issue with either.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a Kel-Tec PF9, hardly ever carry it, but I've yet to have a problem after maybe 200 rounds. The little bastard kicks like a mule but is reasonably accurate and thus far very reliable and all for about $250 or so out the door......

To be clear the above mentioned will NEVER replace my Glock as an EDC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
armedmissouri said:
I certainly won't try to dissuede you from buying another Glock but there are a lot of good guns out there. Of course, it's a great idea to ditch a gun that is having malfunctions but you can find a nice "pocket" sized gun that will function flawlessly. I have a Kahr that is just that.
A buddy of mine just bought a Sig P290, but I have yet to hear how it shoots. I have heard good things about Kahr and will certainly keep it in mind when looking for a replacement for the Diamondback. It's sad that my $125 Makarov is more reliable than guns costing 5 times as much. I just wish it wasn't so heavy.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I sold my Beretta 96D that I had for 19 years. Never had an issue with it. Accurate and reliable.

Why? Because arthritis was starting to creep into my shooting hand.

Went to a G19C. Much lighter. More accurate. No sharp edges. A multitude of aftermarket parts available. No issues with it. Nite sights were mounted in less than 15 minutes.

And the 9MM is definitely easier on the hand.

Never cared for my friends Gen 2 Glocks. The Gen 3's have made me a confirmed Glock lover...forever.

By the time someone comes out with a better gun, I'll probably be out fishing somewhere with Dad, Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt.:)

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
is it really? That explains why it was malfunctioning, I was kind of surprised at a revolver having FTE issues. Thats a different story. For a backup weapon I wouldn't carry anything but a revolver. You can get them that are small, thin, light, accurate, and will absolutely never fail.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nukinfuts29 said:
is it really? That explains why it was malfunctioning, I was kind of surprised at a revolver having FTE issues. Thats a different story. For a backup weapon I wouldn't carry anything but a revolver. You can get them that are small, thin, light, accurate, and will absolutely never fail.
I'll have to agree with you on the reliability of a revolver, but I'm to the point to where I want all my pistols to shoot the same. After shooting my Diamondback for a while, I'll pick up one of my Glocks and I will be surprised at the trigger. To me Glocks have a much shorter trigger pull than most DAO pistols I've fired. I am a bit of a newbie to combat pistol shooting and I really don't want any surprises.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts