Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used G22 15rd magazine from a guy and it's stamped "LE/Govt Only" under the ".40" at the top. Down the middle it's stamped "Glock, Inc Smyrna, GA 9.13.94" has "3206" stamped in the big G logo.

None of my other mags have these markings. I'm just curious... Is it just an older mag sold in a non-hi capacity mag state? I didn't think the Blue label Glocks & mags had any extra markings on them. I'm not concerned about it just curious to know the story behind it. Thanks.

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Font

Font Audio equipment Table Varnish Number

Adapter Gas Cable Electrical supply Electronics accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Those mags are only used by LE and Military in states that only allow residents to own the reduced 10 rd mags. I think that people could get in trouble if they owned these mags if they were residents of the regulated state. They are the same mags as the standard 15rd mags that other states allow their residents to have they just have the LE/Military stamp.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My father is a retired Cop from New York and all his magazines have this stamped on his. Only LE was allowed to carry more than 10rds per magazine in that state. Not sure if it is still that way.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My father is a retired Cop from New York and all his magazines have this stamped on his. Only LE was allowed to carry more than 10rds per magazine in that state. Not sure if it is still that way.
I'm sure that is the case, my G22 is a LE model and the mags have none of these markings. Here the only difference is you get 3 mags instead of 2 and a discounted price.:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm sure that is the case, my G22 is a LE model and the mags have none of these markings. Here the only difference is you get 3 mags instead of 2 and a discounted price.:D

Ditto my G22C is a LE model. As far as I know the only difference between mine and a regular G22 is mine came with 3 15 round mags and has a 3.5# trigger. None of my mags say that on them. Mine was purchased in WI. We are not limited on capacity. I just picked up some 31 round mags for it. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Or with the proper creds, you can get a Gen 3 with 3 mags as well. LE, FF/EMT, active military get the discount on blue label Glocks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The 1994 dated magazines were marked because of the assault weapons ban, which gave us a nationwide 10 round limit. Since the ban expired in 2004, I haven't seen any new magazines marked LE only, but it's possible they still mark them for only those states...though I would be surprised because then they would have to have special blue label Glocks for those states, just as they have the red labels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unit44justin said:
Those mags are only used by LE and Military in states that only allow residents to own the reduced 10 rd mags. I think that people could get in trouble if they owned these mags if they were residents of the regulated state. They are the same mags as the standard 15rd mags that other states allow their residents to have they just have the LE/Military stamp.
Thanks for all the info, guys this is pretty much what i figured.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I assume they're from a state that is anti-gun such as CA or MA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts