Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
771 Posts
Great Choice

The Ruger LCR, whether chambered in the .38 special or .357 magnum, is a perfectly adequate SD weapon choice. The LCR probably has one of the best DA triggers right from the factory. Paired with a good self defense load and perhaps an extra speed strip in your weak side pocket, you will be well armed..

I carry a S&W 642 for the very same reason during the warm months and ultra-casual clothing...

Most important thing to remember is shot placement...be prepared...practice regularly...

Be safe!

·
55 Posts
I think the LCR is a great gun,Ive been looking at getting one as a back up gun,but for me its not enough for main carry.I currently carry a g23 with a 15 round spare mag and a S&W bodyguard .380 as my back up with a spare mag for it also

·
Registered
116 Posts
The LCR is a great little gun. It has one glaring drawback though IMO... Since its such a light, small frame, it kicks like a mule! I guess in a personal protection setting where it's do or die you're going to empty it on someone without thinking about the pain in your hand. Problem is though, it's very uncomfortable to practice with. And if you don't practice with it you're not going to be as effective if you have to use it to protect yourself some day. Just my thoughts.... A good reliable gun though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I came from a 442 so with the grip and frame it felt like much reduced recoil and is easier for EDC. Just my opinion. 38, in +P configuration is a viable self defense round and capable of taking care of business based on the operator.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I carry my Wifes 642 as a Back up gun alot! On A rare occasion I do not have my G30 on me, and believe me it is rare, I will at least have the 642 on me but I consider it minimum protection. Having said that I carried a Model 10 at work for 20 yrs carrying +P and felt adequately protected!:eek:

The Ruger LCR, whether chambered in the .38 special or .357 magnum, is a perfectly adequate SD weapon choice. The LCR probably has one of the best DA triggers right from the factory. Paired with a good self defense load and perhaps an extra speed strip in your weak side pocket, you will be well armed..

I carry a S&W 642 for the very same reason during the warm months and ultra-casual clothing...

Most important thing to remember is shot placement...be prepared...practice regularly...

Be safe!

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
My biz partner is LEO and carries a 38 LCR as back-up and off duty. He loves it. Had it modified by Tom Kilhofer http://www.tkcustom.com/ to accept moon clips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.