Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eleven People Shot Outside Empire State Building

By JAMES BARRON, DAVID M. HALBFINGER and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM

Eleven people were shot, two fatally, after a gunman opened fire outside the Empire State Building on Friday. The suspect, who was shot and killed by the police, was identified as Jeffrey Johnson, 58.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/n....html?nl=afternoonupdate&emc=edit_au_20120824

One law enforcement official said that based on the preliminary investigation, it appears that most or all of the bystanders were struck by one of the 16 police bullets – or fragments or ricochets from those rounds – that were fired by the two officers who confronted Mr. Johnson.
Detectives believe that Mr. Johnson had fired five shots at Mr. Ercolino and may have fired one shot at the police officers, the official said. There were two bullets left in the eight-round magazine of his gun so only one shot – the one apparently fired at the officers -- could have possibly hit one of the nine bystanders, the official said.
One of the officers fired nine times and the other seven times.

·
238 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
I wanna know personal details on the shooter. Family life, Political party, belief system... Etc.
Don't know how much any of those will play into this shooting. This was not an "ideological" shooting. This was a 50 some year old guy who was fired the day before, snapped and hunted his co-worker/boss down and shot him.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm originally from upstate New York.. NYC has one of the toughest gun laws in the country. this worked out really well NOT !!!!!and guess what the cops shot more ppl that the gunman . I dont get it dont they follow the shooting rules know your target and suroundings whats behind and could some one else get hurt.
I"M sorry for those killed and injured but this shows gun control is not the answer

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Don't know how much any of those will play into this shooting. This was not an "ideological" shooting. This was a 50 some year old guy who was fired the day before, snapped and hunted his co-worker/boss down and shot him.

just curious because liberal antigunners are so quick to accuse crazy "right wingers" of gun violence.
and with the recent DC chickfila sandwich toting shooter obviously not being into conservitive views, im just curious.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
good ole nypd. the finest.
Yea, they even need their own triggers installed in pistols. NY trigger system that makes the trigger heavier

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I said on another board that I find it...odd...that 13 people were shot in Chicago, in a 30 minute period, in 3 separate incidents, including a drive-by that got 8 people ages 14-20, but I've seen only 1 article on it, while I've seen a dozen or more on the NYC one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts