Lasermax, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TouchMyGlock, Jan 15, 2012.

1. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

I really want this laser, but have heard that the spring needs to be replaced fairly often. Anybody out there have one? If so have you shot many rounds with it? I don't want to buy anything that will affect the reliability and performance of my gun. So let me know, how is it?

2. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Glock will send u a stronger recoil spring if adding a laser/light alters the performance.

3. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

IMHO, I'd rather have the detachable laser to avoid reliability issues. Like lasermax unimax, micro, or the genesis (green/rechargeable). And you can use it to all your Glock or any guns with rails.

**I am using Viridian GLK for home defense. Rock solid attachment & holds zero very well..

Oh, I forgot to mention -- It's GREEN! You can see the dot 50yrds or more in broad daylight!!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I've never used one, but I've never heard anything good said about the Laser Max. Personally, I wouldn't get it.

5. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Try Crimson Trace

6. Umm, that wouldnt matter. Laser max replaces the entire spring assembly.

As far as Laser Max goes, I've tried two of them. Both failed early on and LM's customer service was horrible in my experience with them.

7. rubikees

rubikees New Member

I took a low light class and the instructor was very anti-laser. His view was that a laser changes your aim point. That you are looking at the dot on the target and not the front sight. Also, if the laser does not function then you go to a flashlight and the front sight which means you are changing your shooting pattern under stress. It was a very interesting class.

8. Glock Perfection 17

Glock Perfection 17 New Member

Lasermax are I think over priced as far as lasers go usem what happens when u need to mark ur target in the night

9. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 New Member

I personally haven't heard any negatives of the Lazermax (I was actually looking at one for my G27) but I carry a Streamlight M6 for my duty G21. It's ok, but once removed it needs to be re-sited in... A major pain if you don't have the right size allen wrench with you.

10. offtheX

offtheX New Member

Low light training is great. Here stateside whether as a civie or on duty you'll engage in low light, usually. I am an Israeli instinctive shooting practitioner. From my experience and training I have never gained anything from lasers I have only lost.

11. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

I have a TLR-2 laser/light combo on my g19 currently, you can see the laser while the light is on. I was basically wondering if lasermax internal laser will break or need parts replacement.

12. Smooth2o

Smooth2o New Member

Umm, there is no alignment for the Lasermax Guide Rod laser. I assume since the OP was talking about the spring being replaced he was talking about the Guide Rod Laser for Lasermax.

13. Smooth2o

Smooth2o New Member

I have one. So far, so good. I only have about 200 rds with it so time will tell. So far, there has been absolutely no affect on performance. The alignment for both my G26 and G27 G4 has been top left center post for both guns, so the alignment is precise and repeatable. It's a great laser in that it's a rod replacement with an easy access switch. Using the laser requires a different method of aim, it's not like using sights. So, I would practice with both the laser on and the laser off. Obviously, it's no going to help you outside in the sun. No laser will do that.

14. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have one in my 21sf. I like it fine, but for the $$ they charge I think I will not buy another one.