Lasermax guide rod review

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Glock897, May 3, 2012.

1. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Used my Glock 19 for the first time since I installed the Lasermax guide rod laser. WOW! Pretty awesome. I wasn't used to shooting without aiming with the sights, so at first that was a little weird.
    Very accurate. They did turn off a few times on their own, but I just turned them back. I had to wipe the front of the laser a few times because they tend to get dirty quickly. They are great for rapid fire shooting and wrist on hip shooting.
    The targets were 25 yards away and the laser was pretty easy to see, but it was raining so I don't think they would be that visible on a sunny day from that distance.
    All in all, I have to say they are pretty effin cool. I'm glad I got them and would recommend.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

2. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Very nice man, glad you like it.

3. Yea bro I love my Laser Max guide rod laser nice to mix it up with the laser every once and a while!

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I like mine only problem sometimes get turned on in holster. Which is weird for Kydex. Killed two sets of batteries which are expensive.

5. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Went shooting today and it was sunny. I was barely able to see the laser at 25 yds. Could see it slightly better at 15 yards.

6. Where did you get that american flag faded slide backing? thats awesome.

7. Does anyone make a green laser version?

8. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Glockstore.com

9. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Viridian does. Probably others too.

10. Yea better for low light here is pics of mine.

Attached Files:

11. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Ugh. I've had my lasermax for 2+ weeks and it broke. The little brass colored tip on the battery cap is gone. Not sure when it happened. I emailed lasermax and will call Monday. I'm sure they'll replace it, but for $300, you'd think it would be more sturdy. I'm starting to get annoyed.

12. Viridian makes guide rod lasers? Are you sure? I thought they just made ones that hang off rails.

13. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I don't think they make guide rod lasers, I just meant they make green lasers.

14. Ok, I understand.

15. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I called Lasermax today and could not have spoken to a friendlier rep. His name is James and he is sending me out another battery cap today. He also told me to never hesitate calling for any other issues I might have.
    Their customer service is top notch!

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  16. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

:cool:
    that's good to hear
    so would a std rod for a g19 work in my g19 gen 4???

17. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I think they just came out with gen 4 internal rod lasers. The standard ones won't fit. I do believe if you had a standard one, you could buy an adapter, but not 100% sure.

18. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Replacement battery cap came today. I called Monday, it came on Wednesday. Lasermax customer service is amazing.