Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the LaserMax guide rod laser for my G26 is worth buying? I seen them priced around $350. They may be cheaper now. I've gotten some mixed reviews from YouTube. I really like the internal design! My G26 doesn't have an accessary rail and I think the Crimson Trace laser is to bulky. I installed Trijicon night sights a few months back and they're awesome! Is there any reports if the LaserMax interferes with the function of the gun? Just need some feedback before I drop nearly $400! Any info would be great!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
I like mine. My patterns with it are a bit smaller than with just iron sights, and centered on the bullseye, so it's accurate enough as far as I'm concerned. It flashes rapidly, catches your eye better than a solid beam. You can swap it out and swap in the stock spring easily. (Which I do if I'm shooting long strings. No sense putting the wear and tear on it) Every holster I've used shut it off and kept it off. Half the time, out of a cheap IWB holster, it comes on as soon as I draw; haven't had that problem/feature with the Serpa holster.

I've shot several hundred rounds with it in place. The window gets a little dirty after a box of ammo, but you can wipe it off real easy.

It's NOT daylight friendly. Don't even think about using it under sunlight. Indoors and from dusk to dawn, it's great.

The battery lasts quite awhile. I've had something weird happen where it's gone dim near the end of a long range session, but after an hour, it was back to normal. Overheating, perhaps? I dunno, but I've had it nearly a year and I'm still using the first set of batteries.

Downside: It uses a funky battery pack consisting of four odd-ball button cells that most stores don't seem to carry. I've yet to find them locally, but Amazon has them. They aren't exactly cheap, but not unreasonable.

My options were CT lasergrip or Lasermax guide rod, and indexed on the frame, my trigger finger blocked the CT laser. For someone who can reach the trigger guard with their trigger finger, the CT might be a better choice; my fingers are too short to make it happen.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That was some great info Rival. Still don't know what laser to go with though. Seems it just needs more daylight power and an auto off after a short time. Maybe go lithium instead of crap button batteries.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just installed my new LaserMax Guide Rod Laser on my G23 Gen 4. The installation was straightforward and I had no issues. I did notice that the recoil spring was noticeably lighter than the factory part and so I of course went straight to the range to test it out.

About once or twice per magazine I had a round fail to feed. The only other time I've experienced this was with the surprisingly light Hydrashock rounds but I wasn't using those today. Actually I was firing Speer loads that are quite a bit hotter than average.

I'm thinking the weak spring isn't allowing time for the next round to feed before the slide returns. Anyone else had this problem with the LaserMax?

Does anyone know if I can swap out the Glock spring for the one on the laser?

Being brand new I wouldn't expect this type of trouble.

Kev

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
If you can remove the spring you can buy springs of various weights of springs from Wolf Springs.

NRA member, GSSF member and a GCA.
Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a lasermax on my g27 after a ton of deliberating and trying to justify the cost. Installation was easy as hell, and it is so easy to use. Wish I would have gotten one sooner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts