Laser sights

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Martinez49er, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Martinez49er

Martinez49er New Member

I Have a G22 and I am interested in getting a laser sight for it and was wondering if anybody has any input or suggestions on which one to get? Either a grip, rear sight or a rod laser sight. Thanks for any input u guys post.

2. I hear the crimson grip is good, but if you can afford it my money is on the green lasermax guide rod laser all day long

3. Martinez49er

Martinez49er New Member

Have u heard anything bout varidian green laser? I couldn't find anything on the guide rod green laser from lasermax.

4. Braz

Braz New Member

I have talked to the guy's at LaserMax and they said the only reason why they have not mass produced green internal guide rod laser's are because the green laser uses 10x the battery draw than the red.. I asked if they would be willing to start making them upon request and he said that it would have to be discussed with "the guys upstairs".

I have had about every type of laser setup.. Crimson Trace were very bright but, I did not like that the laser was blocked by my trigger finger while I was at standby. If your finger is on the slide/trigger guard, the laser is pointless. Also added unwanted size to my grip. If you have larger hands that should not be an issue.

The rail laser's work very well, almost all are fully adjustable and also available with an LED light combo. The battery life is great. Easy to activate. Downfall on them is that most well made IWB's are not made for them. I live in IN and we are able to choose open or conceal carry.

The laser's that are built into the rear sight is something that I have not tried out yet and can't comment on. I do know that they are adjustable.

I have been using the LaserMax for a while now and love it. Cost more than most but that's what it costs to have an internal laser. No extra bulk added. I always switch out to my stock recoil spring when I go to the range. The laser only handles about 3 clips until it has so much junk covering it that it is worthless.

5. kenedienme

kenedienme New Member

I have the lasermax genesis on my Glock 19. It's a green laser and it mounts on the rail. It has an ambidextrous power button and it's rechargeable. I paid $250 for it so if you have the money try it out. It works great

6. knuck

knuck New Member

Ive personally sent an email to the people at lasermax and asked about the possibility in a green internal guide rod laser,they ssaid that the technology just isnt there,and it would be harder to power the green light.

7. Braz

Braz New Member

Yeah, the green draws 10x the battery power and they said that it is something that a lot of people want and ask for but, they can't seem to make it work.. believe me, they want to mass produce it to make money. If it was possible, they would have them on their website. Lol

8. I have been looking at the LaserMax guide rod laser. The price is a bit more than bolt on type lasers but from what I've read there is no adjustment as they are inline with the barrel of the gun. I am wondering just how accurate they are. Can anyone weigh in on the accuracy of these? I love the fact that i don't have to buy another holster if I went with the LaserMax guide rod.

9. Braz

Braz New Member

So far mine has been dead on at 20 yards