Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G21 and recently put a blackhawk lanyard and a few days ago the lanyard got stuck in a tree branch and the pistol frame where the hole is snaped .tha G 21 4 gen works fine but i can no longer use the lanyard is there something i can make or do or someone who fix this ,are there any warranties for this ....help.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Why would one put a lanyard on a pistol anyway?:confused:

Some other recent new member posted his frame was cracked in that same area and he got a new frame from Glock under warranty not sure if that would apply to you.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum Francisco !!

How does the Blackhawk lanyard attach to the weapon...via a grip plug ?

·
Glock Doc..
190 Posts
Post a picture. Im sure Im not the only one that would like to see this. And why would you need one?

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Mike P said:
By design......just asking for problems,
Yeah I'm not sure what purpose this would serve aside from not losing your gun, but then again, that's what a retention holster is for. :confused:

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
If it is just cracked, you might be able to melt the polymer back together. I would try to find someone that has experience doing that first. Also, it won't be as strong as it originally was. x2 on sending back to glock, they will probably replace it under warranty.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
KeenansGarage said:
If it is just cracked, you might be able to melt the polymer back together. I would try to find someone that has experience doing that first. Also, it won't be as strong as it originally was. x2 on sending back to glock, they will probably replace it under warranty.
x3

I just want to see what he's talking about. If just the lanyard broke, that's a lesson learned. But if the receiver broke, well, send it back and hope for the best.

·
Banned
767 Posts
hence why I wouldnt put a lanyard on my glock.... never understood the mentality for it, but hey, if you like it, more power to it

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
So how does one get a lanyard attached to their Glock stuck on a tree branch? My only thought on this was the OP bailed out of his glider, parachuted, and landed in some trees. He cut himself free from the parachute cords and was climbing down the tree whan Sasquatch showed up. At this point the OP drew his G21 and killed Sasquatch. As the OP was trying to reholster his G21 the tree branch he was sitting on broke and his Glock got stuck on the tree branch. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Yeah, that's the ticket.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
So how does one get a lanyard attached to their Glock stuck on a tree branch? My only thought on this was the OP bailed out of his glider, parachuted, and landed in some trees. He cut himself free from the parachute cords and was climbing down the tree whan Sasquatch showed up. At this point the OP drew his G21 and killed Sasquatch. As the OP was trying to reholster his G21 the tree branch he was sitting on broke and his Glock got stuck on the tree branch. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Yeah, that's the ticket.
This. Exactly.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
My blackhawk lanyard hooks onto my G21 this way, I don't have a clip on mine:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTcpXycX93g[/ame]

but I got the lanyard plug instead of using the hole: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...ock-17-19-20-21-22-23-gen-3-and-earlier-black

The reasons I have a lanyard is 1.) when SHTF and I have to bug out I don't want to loose my firearm regardless of what I am doing and 2.) because I can lol :D

I got a question (just wondering), if a lanyard is so useless why do military personal use them on their rigs? Mostly attached to their vest.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.