L.E.O new to the glock world

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thomas hough jr, Jun 16, 2018.

1. thomas hough jr

thomas hough jr New Member

Hey there, the names Thomas and I'm out of the Northern VA area. Looking to buy a glock and learn more about them. I've shot acouple glock 19's gen 3/4 and I like them more than my Duty pistol lol So I figured I'll buy one and use it as my EDC or run tactical drills with it. So drop me a line if you have any useful knowledge on glocks, places to run drills, or people selling one!! stay safe and stay in the fight!!..I'll put a pic up later haha

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Thomas

3. Panzergraf

Panzergraf Member

Thanks for your service.

4. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Welcome to the forum brother

5. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.
    Thank you for your service.

6. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Thomas & thank-you for your service.

7. Southlake

32DE720F-329C-4D1F-91F0-5E7F26D384F1.jpeg 5680B2FF-9B43-483C-A4D2-18ED933E3423.jpeg Most of us on your thread have owned and shot Glocks for years and even decades. The first thing you need to consider is caliber. I like the 9mm. Some like the 10mm and others stick with the tried and true 45acp. My personal favorite always has been the Glock 19. I have owned every generation and some more than once. They are boring guns, which is why I keep selling them. They are the best of the best, which is why I keep coming back to them. I currently just purchased a blue label Glock 19 Gen 5 and have decided to leave it stock. Why mess with perfection? I say that after doing every modification known to mankind on many many Glocks. But a stock Glock runs just fine.

Mongoose, cazbass, cnutco and 2 others like this.
  8. Biznus

Biznus Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service

9. Alvaro_svt

Alvaro_svt Member

Welcome Thomas, thank you for your service!

10. Howdy and Welcome.

Are you familiar with the Glock Blue Label program? I'm sure folks in your department are and would know a Blue Label dealer near you...

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Stay safe!

Buzz

Retired1 likes this.
  11. cnutco

cnutco Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum from Northeast Georgia and thank you for protecting and serving.

Just curious, what is your duty weapon you kinda mentioned?

cazbass likes this.
  12. cazbass

cazbass Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Glock Forum, from central Kansas.

Southlake likes this.
  13. glockin9

glockin9 Well-Known Member Supporter

14. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

Welcome from Oregon.

15. Retired1

Retired1 Active Member Supporter

I agree with Buzz. The Glock Blue Label program will save you a lot of money. If the folks in your agency don't know the local Blue Label supplier/dealer (Just about every FFL holder can sell Glock pistols, but only certain dealers handle Blue Label transactions), they are available online.

cbyram likes this.
  16. Southlake

Under the blue label program there are distributors and dealers. Distributors must charge $398 for a blue label 19, 17 & 26 in 9mm, 27, 22, & 23 in 40S&W, & 31, 32, & 33 in 357 Sig. Less for a 43 & 42 and more for 45's.

Dealers start at GSSF pricing of $425 and go up from there.

I have purchased from GT Distributors for years and they will mail it to your toy store for $15.

Here's a link:

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock.html

BuzzinSATX and Retired1 like this.
  17. kwaynem

kwaynem Active Member

Welcome and thanks for your service

18. Heavy4Caliber

Heavy4Caliber Active Member

Welcome aboard from North Carolina!