Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
I think it is a great material for an owb holster.

Bumper Electric blue Metal Rectangle Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
"The Sarge"
668 Posts
Having carried concealed for over 36 years I have tried or used just about every model and material out there and have the proverbial box of 100 holsters. a lot of these holsters are the "big name, high price" custom ones. For the past two years I have mostly settled on all carry in kydex holsters. They do the job very well and you can buy lots of them. My company of choice is Comp-tac for many good reasons. Bill

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Mike P said:
It can serve as a IWB as well if made right. ;)
I agree 100%. But as far as comfort goes, an all kydex holster will never be as comfortable as one using leather or a mixture of the two.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I agree 100%. But as far as comfort goes, an all kydex holster will never be as comfortable as one using leather or a mixture of the two.
This is not Mike the holster maker/seller talking, this is Mike the holster wearer talking...... I beg to differ. My opinion is completely different than most. I do not like hybrid holsters at all. I do not like that huge piece of leather against my skin. Yes I do admit the whole weight distribution thing is good with a hybrid but it's not for me. I've worn them and tossed them.

I also don't like a 100% all leather IWB because of how dang thick they are, even the high end ones with reinforced top to stay open after the draw. My buddy has a Milt Sparks for his 1911 and I just want to stomp on it even looking at it. I haven't even tried it on because of how thick it is. All that being said, me personally.......I'm not an IWB kind of guy. I know CCW is supposed to be comforting not comfortable but it's still not for me.

:cool:

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
I also Disagree....
This is not Mike the holster maker/seller talking, this is Mike the holster wearer talking...... I beg to differ. My opinion is completely different than most. I do not like hybrid holsters at all. I do not like that huge piece of leather against my skin. Yes I do admit the whole weight distribution thing is good with a hybrid but it's not for me. I've worn them and tossed them.

I also don't like a 100% all leather IWB because of how dang thick they are, even the high end ones with reinforced top to stay open after the draw. My buddy has a Milt Sparks for his 1911 and I just want to stomp on it even looking at it. I haven't even tried it on because of how thick it is. All that being said, me personally.......I'm not an IWB kind of guy. I know CCW is supposed to be comforting not comfortable but it's still not for me.

:cool:
I have a Crossbreed IWB and I forget I'm wearing it at times. As for OWB, I own one of Mike's holsters and I can tell you from wearing it for the last 2 weeks that it is just as comfortable if not more so than my Crossbreed. The main difference between the two is the price. You can't beat Mike's Kydex holster for $46 shipped. Each one is custom made to fit your gun and it'll be in your hand in a week. They sit SO tight to your body that they are virtually invisible under my tshirt.

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
I swear by my crossbreed for IWB. I also won't use anything but kydex for OWB. It has taken years for me to come to these two conclusions and all I can suggest to people is what works for me and my friends who I have helped in the past.

I wish I could return all the high end, high dollar leather holsters that I have accumulated over the years because none of them work as well as kydex. Nothing hold tighter to the body or feels as solid as my kydex belt slides.

Mike, I love my crossbreed for when I carry my 23 or 22, but I'm always willing to try new things. (Firearms related only) ;) have you had any luck or heard good things about an all kydex IWB I should try?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Just so the OP can see, I am not advertising or taking sides but here is the Foxx Trapp with a G23 in it

Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun

Auto part Fashion accessory Electric blue Strap Personal protective equipment

Attachments

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Mike, I didn't see that one on your site.

The only downside I have with my crossbreed is the retention. When compared to retention of my owb kydex the retention of the crossbreed is nonexistent. I would definitely give yours a shot with the tuckable hooks.

My only concern with the IWB would be the kydex digging in my side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts