kydex press

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by shiflet, Feb 9, 2012.

1. shiflet

shiflet New Member

OK so I know some of you have made your own kydex holsters and sheaths for knives. I'm looking to possibly make this a hobby because I can't find anyone in AZ that does it. So I would like to see some pics of your presses that you've made and some final products. Also some does and do nots in working with kydex.

2. A friend of mine makes some fantastic holsters. I just sent one this past week to Pete at the armory channel on you tube and he made two video reviews. Because of that my friend has recieved quite a few orders.

Attached Files:

3. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Where is your friend located?

4. He's in north Georgia

5. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Dang that's far haha. Do you know what he charges??

6. He sells them for $40 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

7. For a kydex press hit home depot for a few feet of 2x4, and a sheet of plywood. Pick up a long heavy spring for the return spring. Hit walmart for some cheap foam, in the bedding section. Cut two matching peices of plywood, attach the foam. Build a frame from the plywood with the spring, and done. the plans are all over the net.

8. Also some good vids on you tube.

9. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

I stopped using a press last year, I feel I get better results using a vacuum bag set up. Just go get a box of 2.5 gal. zip bags and cut out a corner and seal it around the vacuum hose with duct tape. Wrap the Kydex in a old piece of bed sheet and put it in the bag and seal it, turn on the vacuum and wait a few seconds. The only thing you have to look out for is how hot you get the Kydex.

10. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Thanks for the info and help!