Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for an IWB carry holster for a while now, looking at the KingTuk and SuperTuck. However, some people say that kydex will scratch their slides. Has anyone had this happen or not had this happen? Also, still open to IWB carry holster options.

P.S. I have a g19 :D

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Kydex will not scratch your slide. The hybrid holsters you mention are good ones. If you're looking for something along those lines, you might want to look into White Hat Holsters as well.

Wishing you many happy and safe rounds downrange with your G19.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It is not the kydex that will scratch your slide it is dirt and debris that gets in there that will cause the damage. I use a OWB kydex holster from Mike P. as well as a White Hat Max Tuck. Every time before I put my holster on I blow any debris out of it, with the all kydex holsters you can run it under a faucet to clean it out. With White Hat holsters you can remove the kydex part and wash that and then clean the leather part separately. With any holster you will eventually get wear marks on the slide , but that will be over a long period of time.

The only issue I have had with any holster is that the slide on my G23 turns dull. This seems to be more of a Glock issue than a holster issue though because my G19 does not have the same dulling issue as my G23. I can definitely tell there is a difference in finishes between the G23 and G19. I just have to give the G23 slide a good Frog Lube treatment to cure it for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts