Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Diesel and I hit the shop to make some kydex projects!
The wallet and sheaths/holders are a work in progress. I've been thinking about this project for awhile, but other things kept getting in the way.
So I had some time today and whipped up a quick and ugly wallet system. Tomorrow or early next week I'm gonna also make a few other attachments for it. I'll be doing a few holders for a zippo,exotac titan light, 2 different fire steels, and a fenix flash light. Down the line I'll do a large and small altoid tin holders also.
The general idea is to be able to grab my wallet and have everything i could possibly need with me that also can be customized for my days activities.
I got an Izula, but i hated the sheath it came with so i made a new one real quick. It will attach to the wallet also. I didn't get the Izula II which has a handle that is half an inch longer than the standard Izula. I'm gonna wrap the handle with fire cord. Its paracord with an extra strand inside that is used for a tinder......its pretty neat stuff.
I know it all looks rough and has some pretty big flaws,but it was a quick project just to get a prototype in hand.
20180419_144204.jpg
20180419_144204.jpg
20180419_144204.jpg
20180419_144219.jpg

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been making alot of kydex lately, but not for myself. So all my little side projects have been put aside for now. I hope I'll get sometime this week to work on some of them!
Stay tuned!

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to get some things made for my fire started and titan light and a few flashlights. I also need a few knife sheaths. I may order some thicker kydex and experiment with it. I just want to see the difference in the flex of a thicker sheet. If it works out I'll use it for a number of projects.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I've been making some pretty cool stuff for people out of kydex lately. The newest are cigar holders that have a zippo and an Exotec match holder. I need to finish them ,but there almost done....just gotta make them pretty!
20180710_094835.jpg
20180710_094740.jpg

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I was asked if I could make them by a buddy. So since I had sometime yesterday I gave it a try.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I have had sometime lately to do some side projects. Most of all you can see in the pictures above are my side projects. Most still need finished, but it's all standing and straightening up so no big deal. I'm kinda sorta caught up so I cut today short ,but not before I made some fun things! I'll post pictures later today.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2 sheaths I'm playing with. I'm gonna do a 2nd sheath for the leatherman with a few tweaks. I do like it so far,but I had a idea...is it a good idea? We will see tomorrow....lol!
20180710_165143.jpg

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still haven't gotten around to cleaning up anything except things I haven't posted...lol! Depending on how this weekend goes I may have the time to finish it all and get picture or 2 up.

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another folder sheath. These sheaths work great if your say going into NYC where a pocket clip will get you searched! NYC is not at all knife friendly. Just add paracord and I got a new neck knife.
20180713_200222.jpg

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree! Basically slide the belt through the paracord and tuck it in your waist band. It's not to bad,but I think a redesign and a extension from the river hole up and a pull the dot attachment would be better?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I have a MIC holster for the Shield; it works fine, although I don’t use it very often. The Vanguard 2, as Jim mentioned earlier, is definitely an upgrade to the original MIC concept.

Put a clip on that bad boy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts