Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Excellent...!!

But if it was me...it would be in the trunk, which tends to be a little more secure than

something as easily accessible as a glove compartment. Break the car window, pop

the lid to the compartment...instant stolen firearm in 5 seconds flat.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
SHOOTER13 said:
Excellent...!!

But if it was me...it would be in the trunk, which tends to be a little more secure than

something as easily accessible as a glove compartment. Break the car window, pop

the lid to the compartment...instant stolen firearm in 5 seconds flat.
That is true, but if they bust the window. Most cars have that button or lever to pop the trunk as well. I rarely take the wife's car if I know I have to leave my firearm in the car. I take my truck, it has a exterior tool box that locks. If I do have to leave it in the car, I will lock it in the glove compartment. Not that they can't get it, just makes it a little more harder to get.

I live less than a mile and a half from U of L I see students at all hours of the day and night going to an from classes. I think they should have passed this law along time ago. It's a long walk to each class and parking lots. To many mean and evil people in this world. I think if a student has a CCW they should be able to carry with them at all times. Glad to see KY finally made the news for something good :)

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
That is true, but if they bust the window. Most cars have that button or lever to pop the trunk as well. I rarely take the wife's car if I know I have to leave my firearm in the car. I take my truck, it has a exterior tool box that locks. If I do have to leave it in the car, I will lock it in the glove compartment. Not that they can't get it, just makes it a little more harder to get.

I live less than a mile and a half from U of L I see students at all hours of the day and night going to an from classes. I think they should have passed this law along time ago. It's a long walk to each class and parking lots. To many mean and evil people in this world. I think if a student has a CCW they should be able to carry with them at all times. Glad to see KY finally made the news for something good :)
That chief of Police at UK is an idiot. How is disarming your students going to protect them? And how will it allow you to protect them more? I got done with a project at the library at 1:00 am last night. I had to walk to my car which was a long walk from the library. There was not a single campus police officer or security guard anywhere to be seen. In the case of someone drawing a weapon on me or threatening my life, I would have been left helpless. So how are these laws and rules against having guns supposed to protect me again?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
jimmyalbrecht said:
That chief of Police at UK is an idiot. How is disarming your students going to protect them? And how will it allow you to protect them more? I got done with a project at the library at 1:00 am last night. I had to walk to my car which was a long walk from the library. There was not a single campus police officer or security guard anywhere to be seen. In the case of someone drawing a weapon on me or threatening my life, I would have been left helpless. So how are these laws and rules against having guns supposed to protect me again?
That's why I said I think if you do your CCW that you should be able to have them on you all the time. I think it is sad that U of K stated they frowned on the ruling. I can bet they carry for the same reasons as they don't want students too. You are right though, how is your gun in your car going to help you from the classes to the car. Best of wishes to you and stay safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.