Komifornia strikes again

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glocknloaded, Apr 3, 2012.

1. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

So I am sure everyone here knows that California gun laws SUCK, we can't even buy Gen 4s!!!

But back to the point, I'll be buying my second glock a 23 in the next couple months and just like anyone with a love of firearms I am already researching my purchase for after that which would be a nice affordable cost efficient 1911. I have been ready reviews watching you tube searching the HUGE market of 1911s and fall in love with Rugers SR1911 which for me is a perfect fit, great quality made in America ships with TWO magazines and is affordable. Only after falling in love with it and watching endless reviews do I find out that it is not on the california approved list ***.

I moved to this state from Florida a day after my 21st birthday expecting a better way of life and so far have found nothing but a overly liberal state of government control, it's beautiful here and the job market (in my area) is strong but come on... No gen 4's and now no SR1911's :roll eyes:

2. I had been on a waiting list for months on the SR1911. I got tired of waiting, so me and a friend wrnt to a gun show and I found my beautiful Glock 35. After I purchased it 3 dsys later Cabelas calls me and my 1911 arrived!!!!!! Damn it no 1911 for me:( . Your laws in California will probably get worse with what happened in Oakland!!!!

3. glocknloaded

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Move next door to AZ ;) i did. Only thing i love about this state is the gun laws lol.

5. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

AZ does have the best gun laws. If you don't have any felonies you can walk our with a gun 15 minutes :)

6. glocknloaded

That would be amazing... We have to wait 10 days

7. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

And if you can legally own a gun you can carry concealed without a permit.

8. How come you can't get a Gen 4 in Komifornia?

9. Indiana is right up there too!! They do a background check and if it is good, boom new gun coming home with you!!!

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Same with Nevada.

11. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Commifornia does suck in gun laws...

12. kawiglock

kawiglock New Member

I hate this place. I have my CCW interview for Placer County in September. Fingers crossed I get it. But I'm not holding my breath.

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Did you know that Nevada issues non-resident CCW permits?

Wouldn't be valid in CA, of course.

14. glocknloaded

They offer CCW classes here for Florida/Nevada/Utah and it allows you to carry in like 30 states but they fill up quick hoping to do it soon.

15. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

California:

Seriously... In my opinion, the best thing that can be done to California is for it's entire population to move out to a neighboring state until it's economy collapsed... then replace the governmental structure (demOcrats) with the less intrusive repuBlican party, then move back in...

Either that, or just relocate (if your personal circumstances can in any way allow) to a state that has a way of life that more fits your ideology. Currently, the reality about California is that it is one of the most commUnist-like States in the country in it's current forms.

Your concerns as an American citizen, Sir, are justified.

16. glocknloaded

It's even worse here in San Francisco then other parts of the state. I have thought about moving to San Diego (far less liberal) but all California laws still apply :(. If the economy in Florida ever turns around I maybe headed back.

17. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

One thing that knocked my socks off about CA gun laws, more than any of the other nonsense, is that any member of the Taurus Judge revolver family is considered to be short-barreled shotgun, and therefore illegal!

Even the ATF defines a firearm based on it's action, hence the Judge should be classed as a revolver.

I'm glad I don't live there!

18. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Roger that Matthew780. I hopefully am trying to take steps to go a complete 180 and go to Texas, or even Nevada or Arizona.

19. knuck

knuck New Member

come to chicago,we have the BEST gun laws!.....ha!