KKM Precision Barrel.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by DrumsnGuns, May 30, 2012.

1. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has a KKM match grade barrel (.40 caliber or otherwise). I'm thinking about spending the money to get it along with a stainless or tungsten recoil spring for my G23 Gen 4.

Is it worth the $160+? How does it compare to the stock barrel in terms of accuracy or dependability? Thanks in advance.

2. jidavies

jidavies New Member

I believe it is well worth it.. In my Glock 22 I have a stormlake barrel, tungsten guide rod, and a 3.5 trigger connector, and trigger springs. The rod, spring, and trigger parts I bought from Glockworx. My results are, I shoot hand loaded ammo at maximum load data, No signs of case pressure at all. No bulged brass, very little recoil, allows for rapid shot follow ups, and the brass falls to my feet. It is a pleasure to shoot that gun.. :)

3. malladus

malladus New Member

I run a threaded KKM match grade barrel in my open G34. As I run it with a compensator it's hard to compare it to a factory barrel. In comparison to the lone wolf barrel I was running with the same comp it seems to group more consistently. Chamber wise it's a little tighter then the glock OEM, but not as much as the Lone wolf barrel. Chamber support is about the same across the board or so little different that it is hard to see.

Quality wise it has better fit and finish then the Lone Wolf barrel and unlike the lone wolf it didn't need fitting even though both were drop in. It does seem to lock up tighter then the OEM barrel though.

I don't shoot caste or plated so no comparison on fouling, but in general it seems to be better finished inside then the lone wolf one and about the same as the OEM.

malladus