Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Glockers,

I have got 2 Glock pistols right now. One of them, however, is kind of special in that it looks nearly brand new. It's a Gen 3 26 with a threaded Glock OEM 19 barrel (which wears a little comp). Serials are mismatched, so it's not a collector's piece -- just a nice-looking lightly custom gun. However, I feel like the moment I take it out for a couple hundred rounds, it's going to lose value should I ever decide to resell it...

My 17 is well worn, and I bought it as an LEO trade in. I shoot the dang thing all the time and love it. It probably had a few k rounds before me, and I have put about 1k5 rounds through it myself. I have a second unused OEM 26 frame I just bought that I will soon buy a slide and barrel for, maybe in .40 S&W... But that Other 26 is calling out and simultaneously looking so peachy perfect new that I just don't know what to do.

What would the typical price difference be between a mixed-serial all factory glock 26 Gen 3 (super Frying Pan finish) that as far as anyone can see is a closet queen that's never been fired at all, versus one with the typical barrel scratches and other wear of having been lovingly shot hundreds of times?

Pardon my silly question, and thanks for input,

Jonathan

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,537 Posts
I’m amazed at restoration car shows on YouTube, where a guy bought a car new in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and just kept it mostly in the garage. Then they die or get shipped off to an old age home. What’s the point. Enjoy it! You paid good money for it and nobody is going to pay you what you think it’s worth in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m amazed at restoration car shows on YouTube, where a guy bought a car new in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and just kept it mostly in the garage. Then they die or get shipped off to an old age home. What’s the point. Enjoy it! You paid good money for it and nobody is going to pay you what you think it’s worth in the future.
Thanks. This is helpful. Actually, I got great deals on everything as I pieced it together. My 17, I paid regular money for, this one was a steal of a deal.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Forehead Smile Happy Flash photography Grass

I have a G26 that I've been trying to move for years. Lowballs and almost insulting offers have all I've seen. You can unload it, but you won't get much for it.
I hate the thing, but won't give it away.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
What Danzig said. What it means to you is one thing, what a used G 26 with mismatched numbers on the used market is completely another,Shoot It and Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the info. Also useful.

Curious why you disliked the 26?
Body mechanics, and my inability to overcome them. The ring and pinky fingers are anchor grips. This also involves the rest of the body. It can be demonstrated, and is repeatable. Crazy sounding, but we taught that offshore.
It can be made to work with a G19 mag and sleeve. I just don't find it that great.
Otherwise, it is a 9MM, it is a bit short on the barrel and doesn't sit well for carry for me, it is also wide, and it is limited on fire power without the extended mag, so that solves several problems. For me, I should have bought the 19 or another 23, since you don't save as much carry room as I was led to believe.
It works fine and functions as it should. Just never could overcome some things about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pinky is definitely a lot of power in the grip!

So, I bought a bunch of slow(ish) 147gr ammo, and am going to start there, see how it handles. Also, mine has a comp, so we'll see how that goes also. Dry firing, I notice I can drive the front dot pretty quickly (short sight radius). I guess the tradeoff is I won't be hitting bullseyes at 25m.

Will report my thoughts back in a day or two as compared to the 17.

·
Registered
587 Posts
What would the typical price difference be between a mixed-serial all factory glock 26 Gen 3 (super Frying Pan finish) that as far as anyone can see is a closet queen that's never been fired at all, versus one with the typical barrel scratches and other wear of having been lovingly shot hundreds of times?

Pardon my silly question, and thanks for input,
$300 to $350 used. Because Glocks are worth $398.20 all day everyday brand new. Of course Poly 80 and anything a bubba worked on is zero ($0) in my book.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts