All of the above, except. Take them to a secluded area with no one else around. Less stressful that way.CBS said:All responsible gun owners who have kids have a duty to secure the gun at all times. I to have an 11 year old daughter. Here's what I did:
1) When I first got my Glock, I enrolled us in an NRA first steps program to teach her about gun safety. We attended together and it was a nice bonding experience.
2) I carry every day and talk about frequently. Guns and self defense are NOT taboo subjects.
3) I purchased a .22 pistol for her and taught her how to shoot.
4) Anytime she wants to see "her" gun, all she has to do is ask.
5) I take her to the range with me anytime she wants to go. (I usually have to beg her to go :-( )
My plan was to take the "mystery" out of guns and engrain in her gun safety.
So, what did you do?