Kel tec

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by lance, Jul 15, 2012.

1. lance

lance New Member

I'm thing of getting some keltec weapons does anyone know how good kel tec is I've heard negative words does anyone have any experience with these firearms

2. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

3. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

I'd get a Kel Tec pistol but I'm not a fan of their rifles or shotguns. I've never actually owned a Kel Tec tho, that's just my opinion from what I've seen & heard.

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

no experience with their long guns.

I had a pf9 when they first came out, no problems with it at all, but I decided it was not significantly smaller than a G26 or 27 to justify it. I have a P3AT now, had it for severl years without a problem at all beyond one bad mag.

For their pistols, go for it, can't do any better for their price.

5. disturbedjosh

disturbedjosh New Member

I currently have the pf9. I have had it for a number of years and not really had a problem. It was more of a sit in a drawer gun for a long time. It's mediocre for the money but in my opinion I would shell out a little extra to go for a G27 or G26

6. lance

lance New Member

What I really looking at is the sub 2000 it works with glock 23 mags with is my edc gun Any op

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I don't own one, but my buddy does, the glock mag 9mm version. He's had no problems with it at all, and its a ton of fun to shoot. Lots of bubba special mods you can do to them too.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231168

I've considered one, but just can't get past the cocking handle cycling right there every time you fire a round.

8. lance

lance New Member

I'm really thinking of getting the sub 2000 it uses glock 23 mags that is my edc gun I know there are other models that take different mags

9. runman

runman New Member

I recently got a PF9 and have had it on the range once. It doesn't like reloads but other than that no problems. Overall fit and finish is not as nice as a Glock, but much lower price point also. No fun to shoot either, pretty stiff recoil and long trigger pull. As long as it remains reliable I'm good with it though. It's small and easy to carry and feels good in my hand.

10. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I have had a P3AT for more than 7 years and I love it. It makes the perfect BUG.

11. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Run a PF-9 with clip. Easy to carry with just a Tshirt over it.

image-2802293439.jpg

Supposedly the thinnest 9mm on the market. Shoots well.