Kel Tec weapons website infected!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nitetrain, Feb 17, 2012.

1. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

Warning! Until the kel tecs weapons.com site is cleared from viruses, do not enter! I got the virus 3 weeks ago! My I.T. Group wiled it clean.i contacted kel Tec and they said it was fixed! I went on again and it infected my laptop again! It sounds like there is some sort of invisible box on the we page that launches mail ware, Trojans, etc. if you go to google and type in: kel Tec weapons male ware, you will see the articles pop up on the issues! I ordered a sub2000 back in December and wanted to check on parts to add to it and that's how I found out! 19 viruses were launched in less than 30 seconds! My IT group gave me a test laptop to try and see what happens. I surfed the web for over an hour with nothing! Entered the kel Tec site and 30 seconds, mass infection! I am posted this here, cuz I know they use glock mags and people already posted info on them

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Nitetrain!

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I noticed on Google a few days ago that they were 'black listed' I was looking for some info on the sub2000 and google kept showing them as a suspiscious or something to that effect.

4. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

well Kel tec replied and alls they said was: Sorry for the issues on your laptop and we are aware of the issue! Really!!! The entire internet is aware of the issue!! I think it was lame response!!!!

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

May I inquire as to what anti-virus software you are/were using at the time of infection...

and if said software runs auto-updates to stay ahead of the current malware infecting the web.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I wonder if this means it will delay my PF9 repair?!?!

7. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

mcafee! this is my work laptop so everything is updated. Also had tdskiller and maleware to clean. Work gave me a second laptop to test. They had all the latest protection on it.I took it home, surfed the net for over an hour, then entered the Kel tec site and in less than 30 seconds it launched 19 viruses. malware, trojan,you name it. I.T. wiped it clean, re imaged and we did it again, same result! So yes it was protected

8. SHOOTER13

Thanks...I was just curious.

I was at the Kel Tec website on numerous ocassions

this past month and my Norton 360 software immediately reports when a

unsuccessful attempt was made. I received no notification...

9. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

no prolem at all! I am just pissed over the entire thing!!

10. taperguy

taperguy New Member

Yes there is a virus @ Kel Tec. It's called their guns. You buy them new and they go bang, bang, click, bang, click, click and you go #*#¥}}{?.

11. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

Your entitled to your opinion!

12. SHOOTER13

Welcome to the Glock Forum taperguy !!

13. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of searching there the other day. Glad I didn't.

14. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

http://www.ubuntu.com/

I won't lie, switching to Linux isn't the easiest thing in the world. There are occasionally some problems with hardware drivers that can take a bit of effort to correct. But, unless you're a hard-core gamer or need windows for work, Linux in general and Ubuntu in particular is a very nice alternative, and is immune to nearly every attack like this. If you already use Firefox, OpenOffice/Libre Office, and other open-source software, there's really no reason to stick with Windows. Linux has these things, and a hell of a lot more. It's free, it works, and you no longer need cpu and memory intensive anti-malware products.

This is a good way to try out Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer

You can also download "LiveCDs", bootable CDs that make no changes to your computer but let you see how it works. To get back to windows, you just remove the disk and reboot.

15. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Well, Kel-tec is finally sending pack the PF9 we had to send in for warranty work. I hope the little sob works now!

16. taperguy

taperguy New Member

The virus is probably a product of a disgruntalled customer of which there are many.

17. All I want from Kel-Tec is a PMR 30. I have a Sub-2000, its fun but the front plastic blade sight keeps breaking off after about 10 rounds. No fun when you have 31 round sticks for the thing. : )