Kel tec sub 2000

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Juggernaut69, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Would love to hear what some of you that have experience with the kel tec sub 2000 G17 version have to say about it. Seriously considering selling my mini 14 to buy the kel tec. Love the idea of interchangeable mags because with money as tight as it is right now, bulking up on just one type of ammo and magazines seems a no brainer.

2. glock fu master

glock fu master Junior Member

i am the same with the g22 in .40

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

My buddy has one, it works great, and it's a hoot to play with

4. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

I am trying to get one! I ordered the sub 2000 9mm glock version on dec. 15, 2011! Still waiting for it to come in!!! I emailed kel Tec today and they could it give me even an estimate of it arrival. They said they are making them and are on back order. When I ordered it, I paid $289.99. The gun shows are asking anywhere from $ 375-450.

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I've seen the G17 model going for over $500 on gunbroker, supply and demand, Kel tec can't seem to make enough of any of their firearms to keep up with demand.

6. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

I may have to start looking for one of those. Very nice for hiking trips in the mountains and home defense in addition to just being plain cool.

7. They look interesting but it looks like if you add any optics you have to remove them everytime you fold one up.

8. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

They make a quick release locating mount. You unfold the gun, add scope laser, red dot, etc. when you are ready, release the quick release and move it to the side. Takes about 10 seconds to mount!