Kel-tec .380s

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by jamesm10091, Jun 22, 2012.

1. jamesm10091

jamesm10091 New Member

Have a 23 for cc, but as summer is here i wear less clothes. I was wondering if the kel-tec .380 was worth a darn. I know id probably need fmj for potential added stopping power, but i am wondering if the caliber and pistol is worth it?

2. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I have a Friend that carries one all the time Winter, Spring , Summer or Fall and he is 6'4" 235lbs. Lives in Lake Havasu City AZ so yup it is Hot in the Summer. Me I kinda put 9mm as my "Little Gun" even though hollow points have gotten better you wouldn't believe all the Inmates I have seen with 380 holes in them and the Official stories in their files on them getting hit and able to do all sorts of running or fighting after being hit.:eek: BTW they guy who carries the 380 has read way more files than I have so go figure. Anyway back to your question he has NEVER had a misfeed or malfunction with it so I guess the short answer is Yes he would recommend it! I carry a G30 yr round but an looking at a G36 for the less clothing months which is probably 6 months out of the yr here!

3. merkry777

merkry777 New Member

I have one myself. I find it pretty easy to conceal, hence the size. I don't think you would have any problem with the stopping power with the right ammo. A perp may think they are hit by a best of wasps, but they'll catch on quick! LOL. I'd recommend the purchase.

4. merkry777

merkry777 New Member

image-1457962406.jpg

Mine

5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I had the little Keltec .32. I felt my knife was better protection and sold the .32. Every Keltec I've had ran fine. I just bought this Keltec PF9. Runs good and is way easier to conceal in lighter clothing than the Glock.

image-3821295570.jpg

I like the clip.

6. Danzig

Texas
    I'd recommend getting the chromed, ceracoated models. The metal bits and barrel had surface rust after I took it off from inside the waistband carry. Barrel discolored despite ultrasonic cleaning and leaving in CLP overnight. I just go over the metal every other day with a CLP infused toothbrush.

BTW personally 9mm is the smallest caliber I feel comfortable for CCW.

7. BangBangBahamian

BangBangBahamian New Member

My friend's brother, who had a CW permit, used his .32 Keltec to kill one of three muggers armed with handguns when they attempted to rob him and a buddy in his own driveway. Worked as advertised for him. In an up close and personal gun fight all it takes is one well placed round...be it a .22, .32 or whatever your lucky enough to be packing.

8. Danzig

Texas
    True. We had three point blank shootings to the head with a .25 and all three lived with no permanent damage. Although I know a guy that killed a guy with a .25 that was going to shoot him by emptying a mag in the guys face. A bigger hammer just makes me feel better.

9. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I have had a Keltec P3AT for seven years as my BUG. It has been great as a BUG. But if I was you I would get some thing with more power as a primary carry gun. If I am not carrying my Glocks I carry a Ruger LCR 38 Special. It is very light and easy to carry. I use a Theis IWB holster or a pocket holster.