Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, all...

I wear a white dress shirt and tie every day to work, which makes it a bit of a challenge as a relative newby to concealed carry. I've used a SmartCarry for a while, and it's functional... but I do wonder if there's a better way for what is evidently not a common form of dress. I've had my permit for about a year, and after talking with a lot of people about their methods, it seems there's virtually no one who carries and dresses like I do (or at least they don't admit it!)

One person mentioned the Kangaroo and said that it worked well for him... but he also had the added concealment of a sportcoat. My question is, is there anyone out there on this forum who dresses like I do and has used the Kangaroo, and if so, is it a good alternative? Or is the SmartCarry about as good as it gets? OR do you have a better idea? (The Air Marshal 3 was the suggestion, BTW... http://kangaroocarry.com/air-marshal-3-holster )

I REALLY appreciate any advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
For business attire I personally would get a smaller gun. May I suggest the Kahr CW9 or the Kahr CM9. I currently carry a Kel-Tec P3AT for concealed carry but I'm saving up for a Kahr then selling the Kel-Tec. The Kahr feels and shoots better.

If you do want to conceal the G19 I would try a shoulder holster under the dress shirt. Also look at the supertuck holster from Crossbreed. Maybe an ankle holster but doubtful given the G19's size vs. dress pants.

Good luck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
For business attire I personally would get a smaller gun. May I suggest the Kahr CW9 or the Kahr CM9. I currently carry a Kel-Tec P3AT for concealed carry but I'm saving up for a Kahr then selling the Kel-Tec. The Kahr feels and shoots better.
I agree with this. I also primarily carry a 19. It was not good in any type of business attire when I did not want to be confined to a suit coat. I went with the Kahr CM9 that was recommended here for a different reason but found that it works great for pocket carry in business attire. My only complaint with the Kahr is it's not a glock, but other than that it shoots good and is more practical when I cannot have the 19.

·
SheepDog
142 Posts
I have a Kangaroo Air Marshall and found that my model 23 and my 30 tended to print a bit. I used it for my J frame and that seemed to work. It wasn't to bad to get used to just feels different around your chest. I hope this helps!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I took my fiancé on a date the other night, wearing something similar to what you are describing. I wore my White Hat Maxtuck with my dress pants and dress pants and concealed by Glock 23. These types of holsters (Maxtuck, Supertuck, Foxx Holsters) are designed to do just that, conceal a gun with a tucked shirt. I would suggest getting one of these holsters. It is not exactly the quickest draw because you have to untuck your shirt ( accomplished with a very aggressive tug with the weak-side hand). This type of draw would definitely take some practice, but it a very concealable, comfortable way to carry your gun when in business attire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.