Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
IMO
Pros: Slim, compact, nice looking.

Cons: low capacity, thin grip, has polymer rails on the frame, disassembly difficult, and you have to release the slide with the "slide release button" or else a hollow point will get hung up.

I had one for about 2 weeks, then traded it for a Ruger SR9c, now that's a great gun.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. you put one of the cons as thin grip but that is what makes it compact IMO. What about reliability issues? i have heard only good things about this weapon.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
ambeck1 said:
thanks for the info. you put one of the cons as thin grip but that is what makes it compact IMO. What about reliability issues? i have heard only good things about this weapon.
I bought mine used, so I don't know how reliable it is during the "break in"
But i had no issues with it. I shot PDX1 147gr and federal FMJ 115gr.
It's very concealable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The CW series is just a hair slimed and shorter than the G19. And your capacity doubles. I owned a CW40 and sold it for a G23.

·
Banned
202 Posts
I have a CW40 and I love it. I took it to the range the day I bought it and broke it in with over 200 rounds of target ammunition and about 20 rounds of hollow points. No malfunctions of any kind. I do NOT need to release the slide with the slide lock, in fact the owners manual state that doing so will cause undue wear to the slide lock to avoid damage to the slide (as most guns are designed to do). I don't find it difficult to disassemble but reassembly is more difficult. It's much smaller than my Glock (less than an inch wide) making it easier to conceal.

Obviously, it doesn't have near the capacity of my G23 and spare magazines aren't cheap but those are the price you pay for what you want sometimes. The only thing I don't like about it is the long trigger pull. The trigger isn't heavy or hard to pull but it's long and takes some gettting used to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So releasing the slide lock to put the gun in full battery will damage the slide lock??? that dosnt sound good. from what i read you are supposed to do it that way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a CW9 and loved it all except for one thing, it did not hold as many rounds as I like to have when carrying. So I traded it for the G26 I have now with no regrets.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Check out the Kel-Tec PF9 to for a gun that has awesome reviews, and is in the same category.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Kahr PM-9 and the Kel-Tec ( I follow the philosophy of match gun to your wardrobe... Not wardrobe to gun. Yes, it gets expensive..Lol). Anyway, I do like the Kahr alot... However, I do not like Kahr's customer service at all. The another problem is the factory magazines. They are designed funky. I constantly would find more bullets in my pocket/mag holder than in the magazine. PROMAG makes superior magazines to Kahr's. I have 10 round mags; I believe they make a higher count magazine too. Lastly, be careful of the ammunition loads you put in Kahr's. They are not designed to be able to handle all loads of a particular cartridge.
The Kel-Tec... I can't love this gun; because it was so cheap to buy... My mind won't let me just love it. I've had absolutely no problems with it... But I keep waiting. Lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not a keltec fan just my opinion. i will be breaking in my kahr cw9 friday! ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Qboom said:
I have the Kahr PM-9 and the Kel-Tec ( I follow the philosophy of match gun to your wardrobe... Not wardrobe to gun. Yes, it gets expensive..Lol). Anyway, I do like the Kahr alot... However, I do not like Kahr's customer service at all. The another problem is the factory magazines. They are designed funky. I constantly would find more bullets in my pocket/mag holder than in the magazine. PROMAG makes superior magazines to Kahr's. I have 10 round mags; I believe they make a higher count magazine too. Lastly, be careful of the ammunition loads you put in Kahr's. They are not designed to be able to handle all loads of a particular cartridge.
The Kel-Tec... I can't love this gun; because it was so cheap to buy... My mind won't let me just love it. I've had absolutely no problems with it... But I keep waiting. Lol
I do have to agree with you on the ammo in the pocket/mag holder Qboom. That was annoying.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No one else with any Kahr cw9 or other model reviews???? would love to hear your experiences with them!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
It's a perfect gun for the price and crazy good concealment.
Mags are expensive too, and I think it only comes with one mag.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys! just got back from the range today. the best time ever. so here is a little range report. Took my kahr cw9 out and broke it in. Shot 200 rounds of federal ammo through this baby and not one glitch or hiccup at all. The trigger is long but it like it a lot. glad i bought this weapon and will be shooting it again soon. Also shoot my glock 37 at the range and put 100 rounds through that without a hiccup either. I love the gap round it fire so well but puts massive holes in things.:D

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
So releasing the slide lock to put the gun in full battery will damage the slide lock??? that dosnt sound good. from what i read you are supposed to do it that way.
Yeah. We call it a slam load on our job. When you drop one in the chamber and hit the slide release you can, over time, prematurely wear or chip the extractor which could result in a FTF.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Yeah. We call it a slam load on our job. When you drop one in the chamber and hit the slide release you can, over time, prematurely wear or chip the extractor which could result in a FTF.
Many guns have this characteristic. It's better for a cheap slide lock to wear out and need replacement than it is for an expensive slide to wear out.

Most manufacturers recommend not using the slide lock to release the slide. In fact, we teach all our students to use the slide lock as a release ONLY if they are reloading one-handed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts