Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking on getting one.
I have two Glocks 26 that I carry a lot. I even pocket carry them for a quick run to the store.

But the other night, I put one in my pocket for a long time (dinner and sitting at the movies) and it was a little uncomfortable, particularly sitting down.

For that reason, and only for situations like this, I am considering getting a Kahr CM9.
Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
I have the pm9. It is a good little gun, but if I could go back in time I would get the Kimber Solo. I also like the LC9, and would like to try the nano. If you want a Kahr though I would recommend PM over CM.

Product Black Font Line Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucian_253 said:
If you want a Kahr though I would recommend PM over CM.
I though about the PM9, but for the price and the small differences, I am leaning towards the CM9.
I would buy a few extra mags though.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with me is that it's hard to buy any other brand than a Glock.
I had other handguns in the past, but once I switched to Glocks, I'm all about Glocks only.

Kahrs have good reviews and some call them Glock-alike.
It's hard making a decision.....

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lucian_253 said:
I have the pm9. It is a good little gun, but if I could go back in time I would get the Kimber Solo.
Kimbers are beautiful guns. I have read bad reviews on the Kimber Solo.
I think Kahrs are more reliable, based on reviews...

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucian_253 said:
I have the pm9. It is a good little gun, but if I could go back in time I would get the Kimber Solo.
Why? Anything wrong with the Kahr?

By the way, Thank you for your opinion!

·
Registered
296 Posts
The kahrs are good guns. But, not very comfortable to shoot, triggers not very good, but they are quality and I would trust them. I had the same problem when looking for a back up to my 26 and 23. I chose a S&W 642 that's had a trigger job done. Best choice I have made. Great gun, fun to shoot, and just drops in the pocket.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am thinking on getting one.
I have two Glocks 26 that I carry a lot. I even pocket carry them for a quick run to the store.

But the other night, I put one in my pocket for a long time (dinner and sitting at the movies) and it was a little uncomfortable, particularly sitting down.

For that reason, and only for situations like this, I am considering getting a Kahr CM9.
Any opinions?
I own a CM9 that I use for those exact purposes. I have to admit that it is perfect for pocket carry and for the reasons you want it for, but it is not my favorite gun to shoot. In my opinion, the trigger pull is a little weird compared to a glock and the slide is a pain to operate at first. It really takes some muscle to pull the slide back before it is broken in. The whole time I have had it I have only had 1 failure to feed. The CM9 is slowly starting to grow on me because it is ideal for those times when you need to pocket carry. It is strictly a defensive gun though, not a fun one to take to the range (in my opinion).

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I have a kahr p380 and it is my edc in the summer here in Florida. Great little gun IMO. Like someone already stated I would get the pm series you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dan75719 said:
The CM9 is slowly starting to grow on me because it is ideal for those times when you need to pocket carry. It is strictly a defensive gun though, not a fun one to take to the range (in my opinion).
Yes sir. I want it for pocket carry and like you said, it's strictly a close quarter defense gun.
I would shoot it to get used to it, but for range fun I use any of my glocks.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glocku said:
I have a kahr p380 and it is my edc in the summer here in Florida. Great little gun IMO. Like someone already stated I would get the pm series you won't be disappointed.
Thanks you sir!

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
The reason I said maybe wouldn't go with Kahr again, was stated above. The trigger, and I don't like the way the way the top bullet in a full mag sits. It has a wicked upward angle. That being said my pm9 has never had a FTF, is extremely accurate for its size, and fits perfect in my front pocket. If you do pic one up, I recommend the Desantis Nemesis holster. Stays in my pocket when I draw, and leaves no printing. I've heard the super fly is good also.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just spent a little more time with my buddies on Friday when we were out shooting. And I am a fan. He front pocket carries it. It is a little large for me in that instance if I'm going to go small I'd go all the way but then again I can't help but want one. I encourage your purchase:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
The reason I said maybe wouldn't go with Kahr again, was stated above. The trigger, and I don't like the way the way the top bullet in a full mag sits. It has a wicked upward angle. That being said my pm9 has never had a FTF, is extremely accurate for its size, and fits perfect in my front pocket. If you do pic one up, I recommend the Desantis Nemesis holster. Stays in my pocket when I draw, and leaves no printing. I've heard the super fly is good also.
+1 on the Desantis Nemesis. That is the one I use with mine and it is great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My co-worker has a CM9. We fired hundreds of round a few weeks back. We shot Win-clean, Spear Gold Dots and Federal 9BPLE without issues.

Not one FTF or FTE. The only issue it had at all was that it didn't always lock back empty.

I'm looking to get one for myself. I especially like that like my Glocks, there is no manual safeties OR magazine disconnect.

I did prefer shooting with the stock magazine. The second one he has with a pinky extension pinched a little. He now bought the Kahr +1 mag, haven't tried it out yet.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lucian_253 said:
Thanks. I think the Nemesis goes well with it.
Or the Uncle's Mike pocket holster.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
chief203 said:
My co-worker has a CM9. We fired hundreds of round a few weeks back. We shot Win-clean, Spear Gold Dots and Federal 9BPLE without issues.

Not one FTF or FTE. The only issue it had at all was that it didn't always lock back empty.

I'm looking to get one for myself. I especially like that like my Glocks, there is no manual safeties OR magazine disconnect.

I did prefer shooting with the stock magazine. The second one he has with a pinky extension pinched a little. He now bought the Kahr +1 mag, haven't tried it out yet.
I'm definitely getting one!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've checking and around here (Miami) the PM9 is in the $700 range, in some cases close to $800.
The CM9 is in the $400 range.

Is it worth it to pay the extra $300?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts