Glock Firearms banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
I
Anyone you know have a Kalashnikov KR 9? I’ve heard good things.
If you haven't bought anything yet I would do a bunch of research. Let me ask you a question. What length barrel do you want?

Foxtrot Mike is a carbine that all the buyers love. I don't own one. The Extar9 is an excellent choice IMO. Under $500 shipped. I really love mine.
I think about replacement parts for any carbine I buy. Anything with an AR style lower that takes standard AR parts is a plus especially if you want to install a better trigger.

The Kalishnikov is how much? What's the availability, and cost on those proprietary mags?

No last round bolt hold open is a "no" in my book. The "K" isn't LRBHO.

Depending on your wallet the CMMG's are something to look at. I have no experience with them.

I have 5 Glock mag AR type guns. Mag availability/compatibility is a good thing.

I have a friend that owns a B&T Swiss built 9. It comes in 2 versions. One is a Glock mag compatible. It isn't as reliable in the Glock version from what I have seen. The other version is being ordered for our military for specialized teams. Some police departments are buying them too. It's in the category of big bucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I live in California so my options are limited. The rifle must be 30 inches long. I have studied the carbines available to us and the Kalashnikov Kali 9 has great reviews. It is $1200 but very high quality and soft shooting. Kalashnikov has a factory replacement safety switch which holds the bolt open. I don’t mind the price as long as it’s a great shooter. Only the Sig MPX is clearly better, but two grand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The Kalashnikov is the same gun as the Vityaz sub machine gun used by Russian special forces, but semi automatic and made in Florida. Uses AK parts. Mags cost $38,but very high quality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I ended up buying a Kalashnikov KR 9 and I think it is excellent to go along with my pistol. Great quality, very soft shooting, super accurate with Romeo 3 red dot. I easily hit metal targets at 100 yards standing with no support. So easy to clean with hinged dust cover.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Well, actually the JP 5 PCC is far and away the best of the 9mm carbines, uses Glock mags, and can be "re-configured" to CA featureless. They are a bit more than $3K.

By the way, what mags does the KR 9 use?

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
For competition, $3K is nothing. The MPX works well...... when it works. I've seen lots of them quit mid stage, scored as shot.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts