Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a 9mm pistol shooter I became interested in 9mm carbines. I decided to put a deposit on a Just Right Carbine which takes Glock magazines. I went into my dealer to check it out and a snap cap immediately got stuck in the receiver. The employee took the gun to the back and finally got the thing out. Then he tried a live high quality round that also got stuck. He had to pry it out. They had twelve other JR Carbines which all were defective like this. They are sending them all back to the manufacturer in New York State. Unbelievable. Anyone have experience with the Kalishnikov 9mm carbine?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,232 Posts
Being a 9mm pistol shooter I became interested in 9mm carbines. I decided to put a deposit on a Just Right Carbine which takes Glock magazines. I went into my dealer to check it out and a snap cap immediately got stuck in the receiver. The employee took the gun to the back and finally got the thing out. Then he tried a live high quality round that also got stuck. He had to pry it out. They had twelve other JR Carbines which all were defective like this. They are sending them all back to the manufacturer in New York State. Unbelievable. Anyone have experience with the Kalishnikov 9mm carbine?
A number of years ago we had a member that had issues with their JRC. I believe the factory made it right.
With so many other options out there, you don’t hear of the JRC as much.
The KP9 is fantastic! So is the Palmetto State Armory AKV which is nearly identical.
The KP9 uses a proprietary magazine which is double the cost of what the AKV uses.
The PSA AKV uses CZ Scorpion mags which are commonly found for less than $20/each.
I’ve handled the AKV, only somewhat negative is it’s heavy.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the two JRS's I have were produced about 8 years ago have over those years have had zero problems and have gobbled up over ten thousand rounds between the pair.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
A number of years ago we had a member that had issues with their JRC. I believe the factory made it right.
With so many other options out there, you don’t hear of the JRC as much.
The KP9 is fantastic! So is the Palmetto State Armory AKV which is nearly identical.
The KP9 uses a proprietary magazine which is double the cost of what the AKV uses.
The PSA AKV uses CZ Scorpion mags which are commonly found for less than $20/each.
I’ve handled the AKV, only somewhat negative is it’s heavy.
Since you mentioned the CZ Scorpion magazines….
I’m going to say the CZ Scorpion, which is going to be my next gun.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Since you mentioned the CZ Scorpion magazines….
I’m going to say the CZ Scorpion, which is going to be my next gun.
Agreed,when I purchased the pair 9 mm and .40 S&W,other than the JRC there was Quarter Circle and Colt,thakfully things have changed for the better.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,232 Posts
The CZ is supposed to be a fine gun. But people complain about the trigger and the safety gets in the way of your trigger finger.
Almost universally Scorpion owners scrap the grip for a Magpul, Strike industries or a few other offerings of an ergonomic grip. Mine came with the Magpul from the factory but I changed it to the Strike Industries. Grips run from around $20 and up.
Trigger isn’t that bad. It’s not great but satisfactory. With the different grips the factory safety is fine but I switched to the Strike Industries. Again cheap and easy mod.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Automotive exterior Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,232 Posts
Anyone have a Beretta Storm or a Sig MPX?
Sig MPX is on another tier in my opinion. I don’t think I’ve seen one under $1500 and mags run at least $50 a piece. Great gun though. First gens had issues and mags are different.

Beretta Storm is a good gun. Takes 92 mags on current production I believe.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I bought a JRC back in 2017 when I broke my left wrist and could not load the G17 without help. Because the JRC has a hold open bolt, I would crank it back with the cast on and stick a mag (G18 with a plus 10 Taylor Freelance). Probably has over 10K thru it now, never an issue (my reloads, 125 gr Bayou over 3 grs of TiteGroup, goes about 1,150 fps).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts