Glock Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread. I just bought the 45 acp JR carbine and I'm having the same ejection problems mentioned earlier. I had approx 6 fte out of 26 rounds fired. I already knew that the glock mag could be a problem so when I got home I fixed the spring so it is aligned straight and also putting more pressure on the rear of the follower. My specific question is: Does anyone know what causes the brass to eject slowly? If so, what is the fix? My brass was falling out right next to the receiver. I shot Winchester 230 rn and some gold dot 230 hp. I don't feel it is an ammo issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread. I just bought the 45 acp JR carbine and I'm having the same ejection problems mentioned earlier. I had approx 6 fte out of 26 rounds fired. I already knew that the glock mag could be a problem so when I got home I fixed the spring so it is aligned straight and also putting more pressure on the rear of the follower. My specific question is: Does anyone know what causes the brass to eject slowly? If so, what is the fix? My brass was falling out right next to the receiver. I shot Winchester 230 rn and some gold dot 230 hp. I don't feel it is an ammo issue. Thanks.
Contact their support - it's pretty good. They'll have you check a few things to make sure you have all updated parts. Seems the .45 acp version took a bit of tweaking to get right. Depending on when yours was made you might need to swap some pieces. They'll provide them free of charge.

Using the glock mags I've put hundreds and hundreds of rounds down range without an issue. I tried 2 different 26 round mags and had fail to feed issues with both. I've used various brands of cheapo non-Russian ammo without problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had given up on a response. I accidentally found my own post with your reply while searching the net. Update: I called JR Carbine, described the problem to Tom and he suggested I shave .020 off the tip of the extractor. I did, and that fixed the slow ejection issue. However, I'm still having stove pipes and FTF with 230gr gold dots and Win 230gr fmj. I think the rifle just does not like 230gr ammo. Today I bought some Hornady 200gr XTP to try. We'll see how that works. This has been very hard to diagnose. Sometimes the FTF are caused by the rounds nose diving and sometimes the round feeds straight up. I'll keep working on it. Thanks for the reply.

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
Micah, check your feed ramp. You may have 1st gen like I did with my .40SW.

If it is flat, scalloped, and almost straight up & down, it is as mine was which gave me the very same feed/stovepipe issues.

I experienced great CS and JRC had my carbine back to me with updated feed ramp in 10-12 days.

Hang in there, I think it's a good carbine.

Also; are you being sure not to slap the mag in and just seat it ?

Best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine has the mag stop installed but still I'm not forcing the mags in. Your description of the feed ramp is similar to mine. I'll try to take a pic and send it to Tom. When the rounds nose dive they don't make it to the feed ramp, they hang on the mag stop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jrc .45

I had a JRC carbine in .45 for several years, had the model with the improved heavier buffer & mag stop but was still not 100% reliable. Modded the mags, replaced the springs and opened up the feed cone of the chamber, still wouldn't run 100%.

Just traded it for a TNW ASR 10mm carbine, that ran right out of the box with Glock factory mags and multiple types of ammo. Much lighter & compact than the JRC. I liked it so much I traded my G21 for a G40 MOS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Failure to feed and eject - solved.

I bought the JR 45 carbine in November, 2015. Over time I began to experience more and more failure to feed and eject problems, with various Glock magazines. I called JR and they sent me a new feed ramp. I opened up the carbine and found that the old feed ramp screw was loose.

The new feed ramp, screwed in tightly and also secured with loctite, seems to have solved the problem. I ran 9 rounds through one of the mags that jammed earlier, and I had no problems.

I am very satisfied with JR's handling of my problem. And I love the features of my carbine!

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Well, well, well, why did anyone think they could put a 5.56mm barrel on an JRC? Uh, it's not an AR15... Bolts do not lock back on ANY pistol caliber carbine because they are blow back, NOT gas operated. As such, the timing is based on the power floor of the ammo. +P and +P+ will throw the timing off and cause immediate jams. These things work best on subsonic ammo. I have a 9mm JRC that I run in competition for USPSA PCC Division. Only has about 12,000 rounds thru it this year, but no issues. Load is a 124 Bayou over 3.0 grains of TiteGroup and it goes about 1,050 fps out of the carbine to make Minor floor. The same round in my G17 only runs about 860 fps. Magazines are G18's with Taylor Freelance plus 10 extensions.

The JRC is a $600 carbine, the JP is a $1,600 carbine. It is an excellent value for $600.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Can anyone tell me the length of the charging handle screw on the Just right Carbine ? Lost mine and trying to get a new one at the hardware store
Mine is exactly 1". I don't have a convenient way to verify the thread, but it appears to be a 10-32.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok here it is. Like I said I bought it on a whim, excited and just happy I found one locally and the biggest seller was they used Glock magazines. The lgs sold me what I now believe to be his personal rifle, we all know that if you take a new weapon out and fire 500 rounds, clean it up without handling it rough you can clean it up to look just as new as a new one. I know some of you have a few thousand rds through your Glocks and it looks just as clean as a new pistol. He also said "yeah I have a bumpfire stock" I believe he does he just did not mention that it is worthless on this rifle which I know now. dw, when I hear anyone say this the first thing I ask is "what is your serial number?" then "have you sent it in for any service?"
Just these two questions will let me know if I am wasting my time talking to these people and they lie like a rug. My serial # is jcrv 042316. No I do not care if anyone has my serial #, they cannot do anything with it, it is no different than if someones has your vin # of your car and you can walk around the mall and get as many as those you want. If anyone's serial # is lower than mine and never had any work done they are lying to you period, if they had work done I still believe they are having problems but just too proud to admit it because they may plan on giving you a great deal and the manufacturer JRC has not figured out the problems yet, They are all but a parts changer for now. The slide bolt is a big malfunction, bad design and just a piece of engineering example on how not to build a bolt. I use the cleanest ammo I can find and after about 200 rounds the bolt jams solid, you must take a hammer to move it and the only recourse is to remove the buttstock and tap it out and clean it. I plan on mirror polishing it and I know this will help this issue.
The bolt does not lock back, a minor issue in my eyes but an issue nonetheless. Thousands of owners are having jamming issues, just check youtube. Not just the 45ACP but all calibers. I have the shells jamming in the magwell and chamber fixed as fixed can get with this rifle, After about 200 rounds it will jam but not as often as in factory form. To clean the trigger group you must remove 3 allen head screws to remove the lower half and magwell then you can clean it, the trigger group is AR compatible so is the butt stock and recoil assy but they also say the barrel is as well but this is not true. I tried to install a 5.56 barrel I have but it is to large to fit into the receiver. The jamming issue is the main problem with this rifle and is the most important issue of any firearm plus the bolt freezing up which is just as important, everything else is fine but also stationary.
I believe that JRC were running into unexpected overtime in development and were running out of money so they decided to produce the rifle with all the defects and sell them to get some funds generated then fix all the problems during the two year warranty but it all blew up in their face and their reputation is now getting a well deserved drag through the mud.
My personal advise is "do not buy this rifle", it is not ready for the public. I also believe without a doubt unless they do a MAJOR design configuration this rifle will disappear just like Vanilla Ice and his "Ice Ice Baby." this is all for now, if anyone have any question please shoot away.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts