Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not buy it until you do your homework, search the web and YouTube etc. and do not do like I did, just jump into it without research, I was too excited at the moment. I do not want anyone from here on out to get stuck like I did. I will give further info later. I am too tired and too pissed at the moment.

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
Uncle_Lawrence said:
Do not buy it until you do your homework, search the web and YouTube etc. and do not do like I did, just jump into it without research, I was too excited at the moment. I do not want anyone from here on out to get stuck like I did. I will give further info later. I am too tired and too pissed at the moment.
Sorry Uncle L. Tell the whole story when you can.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Please, do tell.

We've had some folks on here that have had excellent luck with theirs.

D

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here it is. Like I said I bought it on a whim, excited and just happy I found one locally and the biggest seller was they used Glock magazines. The lgs sold me what I now believe to be his personal rifle, we all know that if you take a new weapon out and fire 500 rounds, clean it up without handling it rough you can clean it up to look just as new as a new one. I know some of you have a few thousand rds through your Glocks and it looks just as clean as a new pistol. He also said "yeah I have a bumpfire stock" I believe he does he just did not mention that it is worthless on this rifle which I know now.
We've had some folks on here that have had excellent luck with theirs.

D
dw, when I hear anyone say this the first thing I ask is "what is your serial number?" then "have you sent it in for any service?"
Just these two questions will let me know if I am wasting my time talking to these people and they lie like a rug. My serial # is jcrv 042316. No I do not care if anyone has my serial #, they cannot do anything with it, it is no different than if someones has your vin # of your car and you can walk around the mall and get as many as those you want. If anyone's serial # is lower than mine and never had any work done they are lying to you period, if they had work done I still believe they are having problems but just too proud to admit it because they may plan on giving you a great deal and the manufacturer JRC has not figured out the problems yet, They are all but a parts changer for now. The slide bolt is a big malfunction, bad design and just a piece of engineering example on how not to build a bolt. I use the cleanest ammo I can find and after about 200 rounds the bolt jams solid, you must take a hammer to move it and the only recourse is to remove the buttstock and tap it out and clean it. I plan on mirror polishing it and I know this will help this issue.
The bolt does not lock back, a minor issue in my eyes but an issue nonetheless. Thousands of owners are having jamming issues, just check youtube. Not just the 45ACP but all calibers. I have the shells jamming in the magwell and chamber fixed as fixed can get with this rifle, After about 200 rounds it will jam but not as often as in factory form. To clean the trigger group you must remove 3 allen head screws to remove the lower half and magwell then you can clean it, the trigger group is AR compatible so is the butt stock and recoil assy but they also say the barrel is as well but this is not true. I tried to install a 5.56 barrel I have but it is to large to fit into the receiver. The jamming issue is the main problem with this rifle and is the most important issue of any firearm plus the bolt freezing up which is just as important, everything else is fine but also stationary.
I believe that JRC were running into unexpected overtime in development and were running out of money so they decided to produce the rifle with all the defects and sell them to get some funds generated then fix all the problems during the two year warranty but it all blew up in their face and their reputation is now getting a well deserved drag through the mud.
My personal advise is "do not buy this rifle", it is not ready for the public. I also believe without a doubt unless they do a MAJOR design configuration this rifle will disappear just like Vanilla Ice and his "Ice Ice Baby." this is all for now, if anyone have any question please shoot away.

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sell it....
Animal, I cannot in right conscience do that to anyone. I refuse to look someone in the eye and lie about anything. I am 51 years old and have no reason to lie to anyone, if I did or said something I am not so ashamed that I need to lie about it, enough of that anyways, This thread is just a heads-up for all who reads it to do your research first, do not get so excited about a firearm that you throw all logical thinking out the window. The machining work on this rifle is rated very poor. I will post a couple of pictures of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Uncle_Lawrence said:
Animal, I cannot in right conscience do that to anyone. I refuse to look someone in the eye and lie about anything. I am 51 years old and have no reason to lie to anyone, if I did or said something I am not so ashamed that I need to lie about it, enough of that anyways, This thread is just a heads-up for all who reads it to do your research first, do not get so excited about a firearm that you throw all logical thinking out the window. The machining work on this rifle is rated very poor. I will post a couple of pictures of what I am talking about.
I never said to lie. Sell it to a gun store and tell them about it's problems.

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never said to lie. Sell it to a gun store and tell them about it's problems.
I understand but in order to sell and get most of my money back lying is needed. I do not know of a gunshop that will buy a firearm that has issues, they do not want the problems.
I will wait and see what JCR does, there are too many people complaining just to let this ride by. I did some polishing and I will take it back to the range. I really want this rifle to work, it is a nice rifle but it doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Uncle_Lawrence said:
I understand but in order to sell and get most of my money back lying is needed. I do not know of a gunshop that will buy a firearm that has issues, they do not want the problems.
I will wait and see what JCR does, there are too many people complaining just to let this ride by. I did some polishing and I will take it back to the range. I really want this rifle to work, it is a nice rifle but it doesn't work.
I guess all shops are different. I sold a sig p250 that had some issues. I was up front with the owner, and he gave me a fair price for it. Either way I hope you get decent value or resolve the issues.

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess all shops are different. I sold a sig p250 that had some issues. I was up front with the owner, and he gave me a fair price for it. Either way I hope you get decent value or resolve the issues.
Thank you Animal, I can improve the rifle but to "fix" it some serious machining and redesign is needed and that is JMO and many others. I do not think a firearm should jam after around 200rds fired because of powder debris again JMO. I have cleaned up the extractor, machining was poor. I cannot find my camera card so I cannot load pics.

·
Another gun nut
13,252 Posts
Interesting read. I was not so interested in the JR Carbine after researching it but thought the Thurman was the answer. Well, again until I contacted them to order one and was lied to, insulted and then belittled for thinking they would honor their advertising, especially since they admitted the price error and information was their fault. Then I discovered they were a cut rate machine shop in Wisconsin and the warrantee was as worthless as dead flies in fly paper. In the end I got a high point, no regret.
Sorry your experience was so negative.

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting read. I was not so interested in the JR Carbine after researching it but thought the Thurman was the answer. Well, again until I contacted them to order one and was lied to, insulted and then belittled for thinking they would honor their advertising, especially since they admitted the price error and information was their fault. Then I discovered they were a cut rate machine shop in Wisconsin and the warrantee was as worthless as dead flies in fly paper. In the end I got a high point, no regret.
Sorry your experience was so negative.
I should have done the same, this is the worst rifle I, the worst firearm I ever owned. I just jumped in feet first because I was so excited about the bs but should have called and did my research first. If I just would have went to youtube first I would not have bought this thing.

·
Another gun nut
13,252 Posts
Well, just because a video says a gun is good or bad does not make it so, after all Hickock45 loved the Therman Defense carbine. Alot of it just happens to be luck of the draw. My 995 TS is flawless and very reliable while my friend who bought the exact same gun has constant FTF's and FTE's using the same ammo I do. I know JR carbine has tried to do a good amount of damage control on the negative reports about their guns. A letter to them might fetch you some options for repair, resale or options not yet considered. However, last I knew they were based out of NY.... not sure what the laws have done to their business. :eek:

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JRCV04
Lmk what that means. Did u say you polished something on yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum
My serial # is jcrv 042316, depending what your third number is, is what I am curious about. You need to check your feed ramp that is located in front of the magazine when the magazine is installed in your rifle, there are two allen head screws that secure it to the rifle, check with a allen wrench to make sure they are tight, they get loose easy and I painted them with fingernail polish then tightened them. I am not sure if you are having jams since you said your ran fine other than the charging handle. That will be a problem because of design, the charging handle is made of aluminum and the bolt is made of steel. Let me know if it is jamming, I can give you a few tips but if it is running fine then leave it alone.

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If your rifle is not ejecting like a glock then you are going to have problems. When I first got mine it ejected like it was just rolling out of the rifle and I had many jams. I have not shot it in a while, I was tired of coming home in a bad mood.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts