8,483 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

Reactions: Che

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Everyone!

So let me start off by saying I'm new to all this and just want to do it right.

I've got a couple of scenarios, and you guys let me know what's ok to do. The point is I don't want to have to carry two separate bags if I don't have to.

Scenario 1:
Unloaded gun and empty mags in hard case locked, and ammo in hard case locked, but both in the same range bag in the trunk, as well as to and from car.

Scenario 2:
Unloaded Gun and loaded mags in hard case locked and more ammo in hard case locked, but both in same range in the trunk, as well as to and from car.

This is what I read on CA Gov website, so it sounds like both scenarios would be fine.

Transporting Firearms in California
(Transporting Firearms in California)

HANDGUNS
Pursuant to California Penal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, may transport by motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container. Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container.
Pursuant to California Penal Code section 16850, the term "locked container" means a secure container that is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment.

White Hood Product Black Bag

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum .
Thank God I live where I can carry a loaded concealed handgun in the vehicle, my wish for all to have the same option, just as the founders intended.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,490 Posts
Welcome aboard from North Texas.
The sad thing is it could depend on the law enforcement officer who sees it.
There are pro-gun and anti-gun cops out there.
I let people on their way in violation of Texas law pre-carry days.
One would hope that a reasonable person would see you are trying to follow the law and aren’t a criminal but these days you can’t assume much.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Howdy.
Gen3 is a solid offering. I have pounded one for the past 24+ years and it just keeps on keeping on. Regular maintenance for springs, but that is it.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Yes, but... Loaded mags can be an issue since most LEO will think they are hicap's (preban's are legal in CA). Since either scenario is in the trunk, it should not be a problem. In a truck, SUV or mini-van, it can get tricky since the officer can see your gun bag. It also depends on who makes the stop. CHP, local PD, Sheriff, Fish and Game.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Greetings from Wyoming.
Scenario #1 sounds like it would result in less chance of grief if stopped by your local Gestapo "public safety" agent but as an additional precaution maybe have the lock boxes in separate range bags.
That aside if you're doing all this in order to be legal while transporting firearms and ammo between your house and a range and back I can sort of understand but personally I would never live somewhere that has such restrictions.
If you're doing this in order to have a firearm in your vehicle for protection what's the point with all those restraints? In case of an emergency by the time you got to the firearm and the ammo and unlocked everything it would be much to late.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............

1 - 20 of 305 Posts