Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Minus the laptop (Kathryn's) and the Ghost set I just ordered, this so far is everything that I have installed in my Glock 23 gen4.
 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but I am interested to hear how you like it
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brandan86 said:
great things for good prices, I want to pick up a Armorers tool, and mat. I also want a extended slide lock
I love them all. The extended slide release helps a lot since I'm a lefty. I can just hit it with my index finger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
I installed a Ghost 3.5 Ultimate connector, 6lb trigger spring, 4lb striker spring and reduced power plunger spring and my trigger felt GREAT! Light, smooth and crisp, but I had to remove the 4lb striker spring and reinstall the factory striker spring due to light primer strikes. Trigger is still smooth and crisp with no over travel, but not as light. Still feels great though! Try it out! You'll love it!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glocker73 said:
I installed a Ghost 3.5 Ultimate connector, 6lb trigger spring, 4lb striker spring and reduced power plunger spring and my trigger felt GREAT! Light, smooth and crisp, but I had to remove the 4lb striker spring and reinstall the factory striker spring due to light primer strikes. Trigger is still smooth and crisp with no over travel, but not as light. Still feels great though! Try it out! You'll love it!
Is there anything else you could do to prevent light strikes?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
654 Posts
I have the same on my 21sf plus a lone wolf 45super barrel and a ss recoil system, 29, the glock disassembly tool came with the ghost trigger kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
Is there anything else you could do to prevent light strikes?[

I've read that there's aftermarket strikers available that will help with this problem, but I haven't tried one yet. I think Lonewolf makes one. Is this gun a range gun or an EDC? I've gotten a lot of feedback advising not to use the 4lb striker spring for EDC. So, after having the light primer strikes, I just reinstalled the factory striker spring and my trigger is still much better than stock out of the box. Hope this helps out!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it helped. It'll be for both, honestly. I just did a 25 cent trigger job with some Mothers chrome polish and that helped take a good bit of the spongy-ness out of the trigger. I'm excited to feel how the break is on it once I install the springs and connector.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
285 Posts
G29sf said:
Is there anything else you could do to prevent light strikes?
Light strikes usually caused by one of three things:

1) imcorrect pairing of striker spring and recoil spring. Install stock striker spring. If you eant clip 1 or 2 coils, will help lighten trigger pull.

2) broken striker tip. This happens, check amd make sure its not chipped or broken at tip.
Some aftermarket ones have had issues.

3) if running reloads, make sure primers are fully seated. Should be seated slightly below the rear face of the case. If not the strike will simply fully seat the primer and it wont go off unless you rechamber the round and try it a 2nd time.

Could also make sure your striker tube is clean and striker isn't hanging up.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zipper046 said:
Light strikes usually caused by one of three things:

1) imcorrect pairing of striker spring and recoil spring. Install stock striker spring. If you eant clip 1 or 2 coils, will help lighten trigger pull.

2) broken striker tip. This happens, check amd make sure its not chipped or broken at tip.
Some aftermarket ones have had issues.

3) if running reloads, make sure primers are fully seated. Should be seated slightly below the rear face of the case. If not the strike will simply fully seat the primer and it wont go off unless you rechamber the round and try it a 2nd time.

Could also make sure your striker tube is clean and striker isn't hanging up.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I haven't had any light strikes, just in the even that I do, I'll know what to look for.
 

·
Member1
Joined
·
127 Posts
Just ordered the ghost 3.5 connector bar only. Excited to install it. Ive watched some utube vids on it and understand it doesnt make it much lighter but smoother and crisper. Sounds good! Anyone else like just the bar itself without any springs? Again, im not looking for a light trigger just a smoother pull for tighter groups.
 

·
Lead Farmer
Joined
·
2,882 Posts
BabaaBooey said:
Just ordered the ghost 3.5 connector bar only. Excited to install it. Ive watched some utube vids on it and understand it doesnt make it much lighter but smoother and crisper. Sounds good! Anyone else like just the bar itself without any springs? Again, im not looking for a light trigger just a smoother pull for tighter groups.
I bought just the bar myself and it does give it a crispier pull, i like it.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
568 Posts
Installed the Ghost 3.5 trigger kit with 6 lb trigger spring. I left the stock fire pin spring in. I dry fired and found the pull to be lighter and smooth. Sunday i will test at the range.
 

·
Member1
Joined
·
127 Posts
I installed the ghost connector...shot 100 rnds at the range last night. Shot really well...not a huge difference but definately smooth. Put a drop of oil on the trigger area.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top