Glock Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
New here. This is by no means a review, but rather my first impression as I haven't shot it yet. I installed the Evo Elite trigger bar (took me about 2 hours). Did a slight DS cut. I love the trigger.
I have a medical condition that causes tremors. Shooting/training has been extremely helpful. I consider it the best physical therapy I have tried. This is the main reason I have modified the triggers on 2 of my glocks.
G22 Gen4 3# at center of trigger. Good for the range. The Evo Elite is amazingly smooth. Not overly short on pre travel but over travel is next to nothing. Long story shot, I love it. Now all it has to do is Fire. I put it in my G23 Gen4, only other mod is a 6# trigger spring. Exactly 5#s center of trigger. Hard to believe its a glock trigger. Thinking about putting the 6# striker spring.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Slight issue, this probably has been covered before but I haven't seen it. I have been extensively doing my dry fire drills with the new trigger connector. No glock bump in trigger as advertised. But now there is a slight bump when hand racking the slide.(LOL) I called ghostinc last night and was told this will not affect the function of my gun and I had 2 choices. I could let it wear in or take a small amount off the tab on the connector. I forget what he told me that tab was called. At that point I made the decision to just wait. I changed my mind today and called ghost back to find out how they recommend this be done. I was told just hit the tab once with the dremel. He said I also have a third option at any point. I could send it back and they will send me a new one. Relieving any apprehension I might have had about fixing this myself. I removed a little from the tab and it is better, not perfect but better. So I will leave it to wear normally from here. There is a new indoor range opening any day now. I am already a member and Ready for it to open. Can someone call them and tell them to hurry. :)
I have to give a big thumbs up to ghosts customer support and product guarantee.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotta send it back

I was doing dry fire drills and the trigger was really nice for me. I decided to do reset practice holding the trigger back, racking, and slowly releasing the trigger to get a feel for follow up shot reset. First the trigger would not reset at times. I was concerned and disappointed. Then came the holly $#1t moment. I was slowly releasing the trigger and heard the striker do it's thing. I could surely get a lot of rounds down range with it firing both coming and going. No thanks. Put the stock connector back in. It's all good. I think I mighta shoulda left the tab that rides on the slide alone. Well I am willing to give this another try because the trigger was ideal for me. I already have another kit coming Tuesday for my 21. Will see how that goes. I followed ghosts direction carefully. Except for the slight ds cant . That wasn't the issue, I removed it and still had the same issues. Chalk it up to a learning experience. My G22 lets me hold my POA just fine with a 2.5 lb trigger and the lone wolf extended and ported barrel. But evo elite allowed me to have a 5 to 6 lb trigger (depending on the spring configurations) with close too if not better muzzle control. So if I can't sort this out I will be disappointed to say the least.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
I made a video for Forum members who had the same problem with the bump when racking the slide after adding a connector..it's as easy as this. No dremel needed

Watch "Glock 3.5lb connector problem and solution" on YouTube
Glock 3.5lb connector problem and solution: http://youtu.be/pErD6k1QGUk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sir

Thanks Glockinator,
I had gauged the connector angle per the instructions. Going through all this I have observed and learned a lot. I carefully looked at all the connectors on all my glocks and noticed the differences. Even in the angles of the OEM connectors. At this point the evo elite is working safely (it seems) in my 23. I will probably still be sending it back as I don't trust it after the striker activating in both pull and release of the trigger. I still have a slight drag on the slide and you have inspired me to try again to get that right. It's aggravating while dry firing. Thanks again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's it

Just one more time is all it took. Slide is nice and smooth now. Glockinator19, I tried adjusting the connector by inserting it in the housing like in your video. It scared me, I had to put too much pressure on this.particular connector and thought I might break the housing. You gave me the push I needed. I think I will take it and let them test fire it at my local gunshop before I take it to the range just for grins. Cool, Thanks

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Don't worry about breaking the trigger mechanism housing it's actually strong, it won't break from the pressure needed to bend it just slightly..you don't need to bend it much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ghost EVO Elite Installation

Just installed the Ghost EVO Elite. It comes polished but NOT ready for installation. I have a Glock model 22 Gen 4. You must read the instructions and fit the trigger connector. You must remove a portion of the end of the tab until the firearm resets. Ghost says start with 3/32nds removal. I had to remove a little at a time then reassemble and disassemble the gun 4 times before it worked properly. If you do not remove enough material at the end of the tab you probably will not be able remove the slide and most likely cannot rack the slide either. You have to move the slide backwards as far as you can and remove the firing pin by working from underneath the slide when it is still mounted on the receiver. Be extremely cautious so you don't remove to much of the material from the tab or you will ruin it. I used a Craftsman horizontal/upright bench belt grinder with a fine grit side disc. Make sure you keep the angle the same as original - FLAT all the way across the tab. Once you get the tab to the correct length, the pistol will rack just like designed. Once you get to that point disassemble the gun again and polish the area where you removed the material.

Now the good part. I shot Glock 23's in USPSA and installed every mod I could find. My current Glock 22 Gen 4 I installed a polished stock trigger bar (one of the old ones without the Gen 4 "bump") and a polished stock "minus" connector. No spring modifications. I polished the firing pin safety button and cleaned up the firing pin. I originally had a stock 6.5 lb trigger pull from the bottom of the trigger with no mods. With polishing and the minus connector and the bump less trigger bar the pull was 4.1 lbs consistently. Next I replaced the firing pin safety button with a Charlie Vanek polished button with a reduced tension spring. And with the Ghost EVO Elite my pull is now consistently at 3.1 lbs. But that's not the best part yet. The trigger pull is completely different than that of a typical Glock. The travel is similar but there is no bump in the pull. It is a completely smooth trigger pull all the way until firing. This is no doubt the best Glock trigger pull I have ever had. It far surpasses the ZEV complete trigger assy's that cost over $200.00. I have had two of them. I have also had Charlie Vanek's Ultimate kit. Shooting the Glock now is an awesome experience. If you have a Glock this new connector is worth the $30.00. I purchased the spring kit also, but I have no intention of using any of them. The gun is perfect. Good luck. This is a great product.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3.1 lbs no springs.... Put the 2lb striker spring, 6lb trigger spring in and see what you get.....yike. Just kidding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts