Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
To clarify a bit, i dont think intent was to use his weapon as much as it was a deterrent for stopping the pending crime. Had the bg turned hostile and presented a weapon he would have been prepared. I would never confront a potential criminal unarmed regardless of a weapon being present or not. I'm sure everyone understands this but I wanted to stress that point.

·
Registered
128 Posts
JulesWinnfield said:
I understand what his intent was, but as we all know adrenaline mixed with fear and early morning darkness can SOMETIMES lead an otherwise law abiding citizen to find themselves on the other side of the law. And as I said before, given the post Trayvon Martin world we Floridian gun owners find ourselves living in, you never know how a DA may choose to interpret the aforementioned scenario. THAT was my point.
I agree to some extent, but if you carry a gun and doubt how you will react during an adrenaline rush or limited visibility, turn in your ccw. I'm not saying we should all know how we react, but we should 100% be confident that we can make a responsible decision and use appropriate force. If you are not confident, stay inside and call the police, hopefully they will be

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.