Just got this in a trade

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by mcdiver, Jun 24, 2012.

1. mcdiver

mcdiver New Member

This is a SKS AK 47. I had my sheriff friend over to look at it and he ran the serial numbers (there are 2) and they came back clean. Everything seems to work, the previous owner changed the stock from wood to composite and did a bunch of other things, but for the price, it is a great deal!

My wife watched a newer show called barter kings. So she listed an old welder that I haven't used in 10 years and this is what I got. Btw, I paid $50 for the welder when I bought it.

image-2463974279.jpg

2. n8tv

n8tv New Member

thats a sweet deal..

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

4. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Nice deal indeed

5. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

6. william488

william488 New Member

ohh, thats cool. Ive seen that tv show too. Thats a good deal you got there.

7. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    It is a modified SKS not an AK-47 although they use the same ammo.

I have a similar SKS I modified in the early 1990's. Folding stock, 20 round Chi-com fixed magazine. Recently added UTG tri rail.

image-92005520.jpg

They are great little rifles and prices have been north of $300 lately. I'd say you made a great deal!

8. AK-47 was designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov and adopted in 1947. The SKS-45 was designed by Segei Simonov and adopted in 1945. Still, dang good deal on that rifle. Do you know the country of origin?

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Mine is Chinese and his looks Chinese also.

10. mcdiver

mcdiver New Member

Half of it is Russian, the other half is USA. The barrel was made in ky, but the lower is Russian. With 2 serial numbers, JD, my sheriff friend, is running the lineage of serial numbers.

11. n8tv

n8tv New Member

Sounds like my wife half russian and half American. Haha